2

The next morning, Peter and Tony were at the hospital the earliest they could, even though Tony had insisted Peter had at least a granola bar for breakfast.

"I can't eat! I need to see aunt May now, there's no time for breakfast!" Peter said in a rush, chucking on a sweater since it was kinda cold outside. "Now are you coming or not?"

When Peter left his room Tony followed, needing to jog to keep in stride with the boy.

The drive to the hospital was mostly Peters leg bouncing uncontrollably and Tony making attempts at a conversation, but being shut down every time Peter answered with one word.

So then they drove in silence, and when he pulled up to the hospital, Peter was out before Tony even parked the car, and was running up the all-too familiar steps.

Tony followed and opened the doors Peter had just ran into. He meets him at the front desk where he needs to be signed in and given a lanyard saying that they're visitors and not a patient, worker or terrorist.

When they got their things, Tony looked down at Peter. "Do you want me to stay here or come with you into the room."

Peters calf was burning from tensing and un-tensing it, something that directed his focus and a substitute for his leg bouncing. He glanced around the waiting room. "Uh can you stay here for a while? And I'll just text you if I need you? Or May?" His throat was a bit dry and his voice sounded uncertain and not very confident.

Tony gave him a smile and patted his shoulder for a moment. "Of course Pete. If you need me I'm here."

Peter nodded and hugged his dad, then left, half running half walking down the hospital halls, turning the familiar corridors and finally ending up at Mays room. He shut the door quietly behind him so he would t wake her up. Then he took a seat and waited.

;-;

Beep..Beep..Beep..

"Mmm"

"Aunt May, are you awake?" Peter whispered, not speaking too loudly so she wouldn't get waken up if not already.

"Peter?" She whispered hoarsely, her eyes fluttering the slightest.

He was instantly ready and eager to talk with his aunt, who barely spoke these days, only listened to Peter talk about school and Spider-Man and Tony Stark, since she usually couldn't salvage enough energy to lift an arm, not have a conversation. "Yes May? I'm here."

She was suddenly crying. "Peter," she sniffed and let out a little sob. "Peter, they said they were gonna take me off, didn't they."

Peter swallowed against the lump that threatened to choke him. "Yes, May." She let out a sob and quickly covered her mouth with her hand. Peter was crying too. "But it's okay, I'm here and we can spend th-the rest together if that's what you want."

Suddenly a hand was gripping his. May sniffed before speaking again. "H-How long?"

"30 hours." He looked down.

May breathed in a sob. "Peter?"

"Yes?"

"I'm scared." She squeaked. Peter hugged her and she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, crying into his neck. Pete could feel her shaking.

"It's okay, May, I'm here, we've still got time, we can be together for the remaining hours, I know you're scared, and I'm here to help, I promise I won't leave, we can do whatever you want, it will be okay, you'r-you're go-nna b-be okay M-May I Pr-promise..." He mumbled all those things to her, trying to calm her, but just made himself sob more, which led May to get even more scared.