Chapter Four

Harry worked with Draco until the sun went down. Tired and sweaty, Draco began to strap on his armor. Modesty bounded toward him. The blue plume of her helmet waving around. There were two teams. Blue and Red. The blue team consisted of the Zeus, Hermes, Athena, Apollo, Dionysus, and Demeter cabins. The red team was made up of the Ares, Aphrodite, Poseidon, Hephaestus, Nemesis, and Hecate cabins. Since Modesty and Draco were not claimed yet, they would be with the Hermes cabin, hence the blue team. Draco glanced down at the sword he was using. It felt heavy and was hard to use. During training, Draco picked up a few maneuvers but didn’t land a single hit on Harry. He was really good. Harry introduced them to the Weasley kids. They were the Hermes kids with red hair he had seen earlier. The Hermes cabin leader was Bill Weasley. Bill was the oldest sibling. He smiled. His long red hair was in a ponytail. Bill spoke. I hear you two are going to be with us today. I see you already met Harry, This is Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny.” They all smiled and waved, except for Percy, who regarded them through thick glasses, and Ron who frowned and looked between Draco and Harry. There was a girl with dark skin and frizzy hair named Hermione. She was from the Athena cabin. Harry introduced them to her. Like Ron, she looked between the two boys and smiled knowingly. How could she know what was going on between them when Draco didn’t even know. Harry seemed oblivious and addressed the blue team. “Ok guys! The Nemesis cabin has won three times in a row. Let’s put an end to that! Everyone cheered as Harry brought out the flag. It was sky blue and had a lightning bolt on it.”Ok. Draco and I will take the creek outpost. Modesty and Chase, you go with Dean and Luna.” He continued to give everyone Their positions, and they trudged off to their spots to wait for the game to begin. Draco wondered why Harry paired them up. Draco was new, he was probably going to mess everything up. Harry looked at him. “You won’t.” Draco was startled. “What?” “You won’t mess everything up. I’ve been here for three years. I’ve seen just about everything. You have potential Draco, even if you don’t see it.” Draco smiled. “Thank you, Harry, that means a lot.” They reached the creek. The conch horn blew. Draco heard rustling in the bushes. Harry raised his sword. A double-edged, three-foot, celestial bronze blade. No one showed. “So… got anyone special in your life?” Harry asked awkwardly. Draco blushed. “No, but there is this one guy…” Harry smiled. “Oh, so your gay?” Draco nodded and looked at him nervously. “Is that ok?” Harry grinned and nodded. “Of course that’s ok! I’m gay too!” Draco looked at him startled. “Wait you are? But what about all of those girls?” Harry shrugged. “They’re ok, but I think I’m falling for someone else. Harry looked at Draco. “Draco?” “Yes, Harry?” “I-” Suddenly the shadows morphed into Modesty. She yelped and dropped the sword she was given. Harry turned, his eyes wide. “How did you?” Modesty shook her head. “No time. I spotted three reds coming this way.” Harry lifted his sword in front of him. Draco tried to do the same, but his sword was too heavy. In the clearing appeared three red plumed campers. The middle one spoke.”Well well well, what do we have here?” It was one of Hecate’s girls. Pansy her name was. She thrust her sword at Harry, who parried easily. The other two advanced forward. Draco wanted to help, but he didn’t know what to do. He yelled in frustration and the ground cracked. A skeleton crawled out of the campers screamed. Draco snapped his fingers and the skeleton disappeared back into the ground, which closed. Pansy looked impressed. “Not bad Newbie.” Bill and the others found them staring at the crack in the ground. Chiron came trotting over. “Children, what is the meaning of this? The Hermes cabin got the flag half an hour ago. What is- Oh.” Chiron looked above Modesty and Draco’s heads. There was a strange glowing symbol above their heads. Chiron cleared his throat. “Hail Modesty and Draco Malfoy. Children of Hades.”