7

I raise my voice to sing. We are at our performance at the protests. The protestors have been out there all day so we decide to bring just a few instruments out there and give them a song. Before I know it we have a huge crowd of people surrounding us.

And as my band begins to play I see him standing there. It's Wren. He stands in the front row and waves at me. Our eyes connect. There is this dynamic push at that moment. This push that drives my soul to perform tonight. He's not supposed to be here. He's not supposed to be in the crowd. But I told him about my performance in passing and somehow he has managed to make his priority to make it here.

"You ready?" Pompey asks me.

I nod, turning to the crowd.

"If I ain't got nothing, I got you

If I ain't got something I don't give a damn, 'cause I got it with you

I don't know much about algebra, but I know one plus one equals two..."

I remember last night when he came into the shower while I was washing and made love to me. Or how he woke me up the day to breakfast in bed complete with flowers and champagne. Or the week before that he heard me have a mental breakdown when I heard sirens and started to shake violently. That night he climbed into my bed and held me the entire night rocking me. I woke up the next morning to him still up, still rocking me back and forth to make sure that I was asleep.

That's the kind of guy Wren was.

"And it's me and you

That's all we'll have when the world is through

'Cause baby we ain't got nothing without love

Darling you got enough for the both of us

So come on baby, make love to me

When my days look low, pull me in close and don't let me go."

I think about how he felt inside of me. Wrapping himself around me like a BOA constrictor and entering me deeply as one would as well. I found myself overwhelmed with the emotion of the two weeks we'd had since we first had sex. They could have been some of the best two weeks in my life. Spending so much time with Wren that I hear myself soaked in emotion that I'd never felt before.

Not even with Coin.

"Make love to me---

so when the worlds at war, that our love heal us all

Right now baby make love to me...

me... me...

Me...

Me..."

I was starting to have feelings for Wren.

The performance ends and I find Wren at the bottom of the stage. As soon as I see him my heart melts when I see how he smiles at me. There is a way that he just seems to come alive when we meet lately.

"Damn you were so good," he states...

"Thanks, friend..."

It was weird saying, friend. The truth is we hadn't had many discussions about what was happening between us since it started happening. We had sex...a lot, but we never defined anything. We never spoke about it. When the intimate times happened, they just happened. And the intimate times weren't always about sex. Wren had a way of pulling these intimate moments so naturally that I found myself getting lost in him.

"I know you said I shouldn't be here but I couldn't miss one of your first performances," he explains to me.

I lean into him, "Wren. These protestors are mad about the rumors that your father personally knew Coin. If someone finds out who you are..."