"We'll have the time of our lives!"

The door to Betty's room suddenly swung open, revealing a prim and proper Alice. Her hair was set into waves, cascading onto her shoulders, and she wore a pastel blue pencil skirt with a cream frilly blouse. Her lips were pursed into a tight line as she trudged over to the window next to Betty's bed, drawing the curtains open, causing a startled Betty to squint as the early sun blinded her.

Alice tutted as she reprimanded, "Wake up, wake up, Elizabeth! Now is no time for sleeping, you'll have to get packing for this weekend."

Betty rolled her eyes (somewhat inconspicuously), as she sat up and took the clothes her mother had hung on the doorknob of her closet the night before to change into.

After shooing her mother out of her room, she rushed to get ready, throwing on the plaid pink skirt cut mid-thigh and white turtleneck. As she composed herself, she rehearsed in her head how she was going to confront her mother about her plan to stay at home for the weekend instead of following her mother and father around to their meetings like a lost puppy. After all, she was 16.

After rehearsing enough times so she felt confident, she rung her best friends, Archie and Jughead, who picked up simultaneously after three rings.

The voice of her best friend and confidant (and not-so-minor-crush) resounded through the phone, "Hey, Betts."

"Hey Juggie! Archie, you there?", she smiled when she heard Jughead's chewing through the phone as he waited for Archie to speak into the mic.

"Sorry. Was on mute. Anyway, hey Betty, Jughead!", Archie's voice soon responded.

"Arch!", Betty and Jughead acknowledged him before Jughead spoke, "So, Betts. What brings this lovely call way too early in the morning?"

Chuckling slightly at what was so typically Jughead, Betty replied, "It's hell here!! I'm about to enter the belly of the beast; aka my living room/dining room/ kitchen, and ask my mom if I can stay alone for the weekend."

"She won't let you?", Archie asked.

Betty heard Jughead sigh on the other side of the phone as he started, "Archie, Archie, Archie. How young and naive. You, my friend, were lucky enough to be blessed with amazing parents.", before he added, "No offence, Betts."

"None taken. Anyway, I was thinking, we could have a sleepover while she's gone. You up??"

"Hells yea!", the boys replied instantaneously.

"Great. Cause I was thinking movies, popcorn, candy; basically anything sleepover-cliche."

"I'm totally down, Betts. I mean, anything to stuff my face full of food!", she heard Jughead add.

"Me too, B. Also, is the she-dragon aware about this sleepover?"

Betty scoffed as she heard Archie imply about her mother knowing about her having a sleepover with two boys, "Arch, who do you think I am??? Of course she won't know!"

"So, all we have to do is pray to the sleepover gods that your plan works.", Jughead's voice rang out again.

"Precisely, Sherlock Holmes. So, I must be going now to convince the she-demon. Bye!", she called out quickly as she ended the call.

She was really hoping to spend more time with her best friends, and maybe a little more time with Jughead.

Making sure her skirt was straight and her ponytail was in tact, she trudged down the stairs carefully. The table held a stack of pancakes and a jar of orange juice, and plates placed neatly around for her mother, her father, and herself.