Chapter 7: A Drop of Purple

The sun rose early over the Boston streets and homes. Old stone houses stood just as tall as they did under British rule. The sky was clear and blazed a pinkish orange color making the city look titled in gold. The beauty of the city from a helicopter's view was breath taking. The observation by the team of four teenagers was less than thrilled. They saw the beauty as a mask for the ugliness that went on behind closed doors. They gazed at the people waiting for the bus as three of the teens drove in their blue Ford Fusion with tinted windows, the fourth behind them. Dmitri drove the car wearing black sunglasses to hide the distaste in his eyes from the rest of the world. He wore a gray sweater with the number 89 on it for his favorite football player from the Atlanta Falcons. Over top of it he wore his black leather jacket. From there the rest of this outfit was black including his Nike black sneakers. Behind him in a black Fiat was Trent pushing up his rounded glasses. To not make themselves all look like shadows again Trent dressed more in dark green for the day. Over his v-neck pine sweater was a navy blue jacket with a hood outlined in green. The buttons on his jacket and black jeans were crying to be shined upon by the sun from outside. His shoes were black boots with short green laces. Around Trent's thin white neck was an emerald green and silver striped scarf that he got for Christmas the year before. He stayed a comfortable distance behind Dmitri so as to not lose him but also not close enough to ram into the backseats.

Sitting in the back of the Ford was Bruno and Zoey who were both more focused playing games on their phones then to look at the darkness of the morning. Zoey sat cross-legged with her simple black shoes and pure white laces resting on the seat below her. Her jeans were lighter in blue with a pearl colored belt and panda belt buckle around her waist. Her top was a cream colored sweater that went up to the base of her neck where a black stoned necklace could be seen hanging. Her black gleaming hair hung down her back and over her shoulders. In between Zoey and Bruno sat the girl's black oversized purse. Bruno sported all blue clothes in his blue hoodie that had CANDY written on the front in big letters. His blue jeans were slightly rolled up showing some skin that laid between the pants and his blue Adidas sneakers. Finally after awhile of losing to his puzzle game he looked up and out the window. To a younger member of the Team, the city surely was pretty. It was more glassy and close together than Bruno's old world in New Mexico. Even after living on the outskirts of Chicago for over a couple of years cities still fascinated Bruno.

"It is a lovely city." Bruno spoke low but was still heard by his follow mates. Dmitri looked at the boy in his rearview mirror.

"It is because it, like most cities, were created by the people. When the good common people come together they can create beauty in nearly anything. But when corrupted politicians and big business hound dogs take the lead, all the beauty is killed."

"Not all businessmen and government workers are bad." "True and those men and women will never see us unless they are in danger. We shall protect the good and innocent, and destroy the sins of this society. Remember Bruno, anyone can be a bad person, but they also have the ability to be a good person all the same. Some are mean to the core while others can change. That is why we study people first before killing them. If they can not be changed, better to destroy the wart before it grows." Dmitri watched Bruno lower his head back out the window. He still looked at the city with some innocence. Nobody wanted to take that from Bruno but they did not want him to lower his guard because he wears rose-colored glasses. Dmitri parked at a large grocery store in a quieter part of the city, Trent parking next to him so they could get all their needs into both trunks easily. Next to the grocery store was a Five-Below store and a pharmacy. Across the street from this mini strip mall was a café and coffee shop. The teens all got out and headed to the Five-Below first. Bruno took off with Trent behind him while Dmitri and Zoey started their shopping. Bruno wanted to get some decorations for his room such as mini posters. Trent followed and watched, grabbing stuff for his room like candles, to help him think. Dmitri and Zoey were doing the same thing, Dmitri stopping to take a look at some books on foreign wars.