29• Angel

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat when he saw you smiling, smiling after all you had been through just few hours ago. Even when he could see the smile was purely fake, he smiled after seeing you.

Your face faded all his anger and desperation. His heart felt at peace. The thoughts in his mind, which were all over the place were all sorted.

Maybe all he needed was to see your smile, maybe that was all he was missing, which made him go crazy.

He sat beside you.

"Why are you here? You could have sent someone to pick her up." Si Hyuk said to Taehyung.

He didn't have an answer to that and to the look on your face when you saw him.

"Uh, sir, actually, I thought why not have a drink with you, it's been a while..." Taehyung said, smiling, trying to hide his nervousness.

Si Hyuk was surprised.

"Drink? With me? You and I? I'm sorry Taehyung but I'm a little busy" Si Hyuk said.

Taehyung never had had a drink with his PD, alone, at his house. They would have had party together, for BTS.  He was his owner and he respected him greatly all through these years.

But he wasn't so sure now.

Taehyung nodded and turned to face you.

You eyed him with curiousity.

"Okay, then let's get going y/n, shall we?" Taehyung said.

"I thought you, in your very arrogance said that I can stay with my uncle?" You said, raising your brows.

Si Hyuk's eyes widened and Taehyung laughed to make it seem like a joke.

"Oh, why y/n when did I be rude to you like that huh.." he said and nudged you. "You can stay here if you want, but it would be better if you...sort out your luggage...and I uh....if it's your wish." He said.

"You can stay. You're welcome." Si Hyuk's wife said, taking a seat beside him.

Y/n please, don't stay here. Taehyung hoped as he looked into your eyes for a brief moment.

"Oh, Aunty, I think all my stuff is there and I will dearly miss Yeontan. I'll surely visit you someday." You said, faking  a smile.

"Ah, even I haven't seen Tannie in a while, how is he?" Si Hyuk said.

"Naughty and well." Taehyung and you said in unison.

Everyone laughed, like one in a family gathering.

But Taehyung was desperately waiting to bid farewell.

"Y/n. I will put the detectives to work. The information you have provided has given me a solid reason to do so. Trust in me." Si Hyuk said.

You sucked on a breathe.

"Uncle, it might be rude to hear but, it will be difficult to trust you, for this. But I can clearly see that you're not the person behind what happened. I will wait for the truth."

Si Hyuk sighed. His wife scowled, a little.

"I understand. But I'm sorry as much as you are." Si Hyuk said.

Taehyung was listening to the conversation keenly, without making it obvious, for the great actor he was.

"Well. I'll get going, then. Thank you." You said, standing up.

Taehyung stood up, both of you bowed and exchanged farewells with them.

~•~