49• only

He was clearly fuming over something but you couldn't decipher what and it made you feel even low.

You concluded that he was having an internal battle and decided to stay shut for the rest of the ride.

It had started to rain when you walked out of the parking, into an open area.

You wanted to up in the sky, to let your face get wet, let your clothes get wet, let the rain wash away your troubles.

You wanted to pull Taehyung with you, in the rain. You wanted to sing with him in the rain, you wanted to dance and let it loose and kiss him in the wetness of tranquility.

In your peripheral vision, you could see Taehyung walking into the open with one of his hand holding a shopping bag and another one holding both of yours masks.

But you hadn't expected him to hug you from behind. He wrapped his arms around you, resting his head on your shoulder and stayed like that for a few moments.

You couldn't understand how you should be reacting so you turned on your heels to face him. In the flow, you tiptoed and pressed your lips on his.

He let the items in his hand fall to the ground and cupped your cheeks and kissed you back with a different tenderness.

This kiss was sweet, a different sweet. It was healing and promising. Every brush of his tongue with yours made your heart race faster.

That was the sweetness that said that he needed you in his life. It said that he was scared to let you go out of sight, even for moments.

"I'm sorry for being a douchebag." He said as he released your face, letting you pant a bit more in the heavy rain.

Rain was on his face, his forehead shone in the nightlights. A few drops were tucked on his lips, you couldn't help but stare in adoration.

"I'm sorry for being a mess like this but I need you to believe that my behavior has nothing to do with your love, it's me having a bad day.." he said, his tone earnest.

You could feel your arms and feet shaking but they went numb when he pulled you closer to his chest and let you hear his beating heart.

"you're the only one for me, only one who could ever be. I cannot even think beyond you, you're the only imagination I have, you're the only one I can love. You're the only person in my life who makes me feel this way when I thought I could never love again, how can I let you go, how? I love you y/n." He said, holding you tightly so tightly that you thought you might fit inside him like dough in stencil.

"I love you more." You said, raising your eyes to meet his.

He smiled gently, happy that you had said it back like this.

"I love you more than you love me." He said, grinning.

His hair were soaked in rain and so were yours but he looked gorgeous, his bangs falling to his brows and covering his eyes in the most alluring way.

"I love you to infinite." You said, grinning back.

He raised one of his brows, taking a challenge.

"I love you to the infinite and beyond." He said, holding back a chuckle.

"Is it? I love you infinity raised to exponential infinity in an algorithmic extending to infinity." You said, rendering him speechless.

You chuckled along with him. One of the raindrops dropped in his mouth and two of you chuckled more about it, alone in the middle of the night, in a deserted parking lot, having the time of your life.