The Beginning- Chapter 1

(A/N- I will being doing most of the story from Scarlet's POV)

I had just finished packing my small bag filled with my clothes and other items that I owned. I had been informed that I was getting adopted, at age 16. Not many people want a old kid, so to say I was shocked was a understatement.

I knew who my birth parents where and I could care less about them. The head lady here had told me a man named Larry was adopting me and that he had a son that was a year younger than me. "Scarlet your new family is here!" Groaning at Helens annoying voice I walked out of my room not looking back.

I came to the lobby to see a fairly tall man with light brown hair standing by a boy who looked fairly similar to him. He saw me and smiled. I wasn't used to that especially do to my choice of style. I had long black hair. A snake piercing on one ear a chains on the other, and I was wearing mostly dark colors. Don't get me wrong I'm not like goth or anything I just like the color black.

"Hey Scarlet, I'm Larry Dailey and this is my son Nicky." I shook his hand. I looked at Nicky, "Sup dude' I hit my fist on my chest and gave him a peace sign. We all burst out laughing and he looked at his dad. "Oh shes going to fit in great!" I smiled and followed them to their car. I guess my new family wasn't that bad.

~At Larry's House~

Nicky showed me to my new room that was right beside his and after un packing my clothes I met with them downstairs.

'I have something I want to show you but you can't tell anyone okay?" I was shocked at the fact he looked so serious. I grinned slightly, "I won't tell but if you hide dead bodies I make no promises." He laughed amd I joined him in the car. Nick was staying since he had homework.

Next thing I know where in front of the museum.

"Uh I already know you work at the museum." he looked at me a grinned. "It's about what happens in the museum."

We walked up the steps and he opened the door. Once it opened I came face to face with a T-rex skeleton starring at me moving on it's own. I screamed and tripped over my own feet landing on my butt.

"Hey it's okay Rexy just wanted to meet you. See there's this Egyptian tablet that brings the whole mueseum to life at night." I looked at Larry like he was insane. I was still starrying when a horse came to a stop by Larry carring Teddy Rossevelte. He got off his horse and gave me a hand.

"I think your scaring the poor girl Lawrence. My apologies dear, you may call me Teddy." I shook his hand. "Scarlet, you can call me Scar if you want."

I suddenly had a thought. "Im going to explore!" With that I started running up the stairs. "Be careful Scar and stay away from the lions!' Yelled Larry.

I kept jogging up the stairs with a smile on my face. Guess who was going to see the lions?

This girl.

On my way to the lions I met the Cavemen and Attila The Hun. They where pretty awesome. I even knew Attila's language so we hit it off. I rounded a corner and found myself with all the animals. The lions where all sitting together in the middle. There was one male and four females. I smiled and started walking towards them. When the male spotted me he started to growl.

I looked if straight in the eyes then smacked him in the head. "Bad kitty! I wanted to be friends!" He just kept staring at me until one of the females walked over and rubbed me with her head.

I stroked behind her ears. "See i'm not going to harm anyone." After a few minutes I became good friends with them all. All of the sudden a monkey came over to me. "I'm guessing your Dexter right?" He nodded and climed up my arm onto my head. I had heard about him from Attila.

Giggling I stood up with Dexter on my head. "I should go see Larry. Want to come along Simba?" The huge male lion nodded his head happily and started walking by my side. Yes I named him after the lion in Lion King don't judge me!

I started walking down the hall getting weird glances from everyone and thing. I just smiled and waved. Guess it wasn't normal to see a 16 year old girl walking around with a monkey on her head a huge male lion by her side.

I rounded a corner and spotted Larry talking to a guy dressed as a Pharoh who looked about my age. Once he spotted me he stopped talking and his eyes widened. "Scar what did I say about the lions?" He pratically yelled. Simba rawered and I giggled.

I gave the huge lion a hug and looked at Larry. "You said I should play with the lions because their as nice as kittens." Then Simba rubbed his head against my face causing me to laugh again. "That is not what I said." Larry said glaring at me. I shrugged and put Dexter in my arms instead of my head.

"I don't follow orders. Never have never will." Then I looked at the Pharoh dude. "Who are you?" I swear he blushed. "I am Ahkmenrah fourth King of the fourth King." I nodded. "I'm Scarlet but most people call me Scar." I gave Dexter to Larry and looked at Simba. "Race you to the girls!" And I started sprinting towards their desplay. Without looking back I yelled, "See ya around Pharoh!"

I had a feeling we where going to be good friends.