Now or Never

Scarlets POV
I had been thinking about things on the way to the Egypt section. Somehow I came to the thought that Lancelot's while quest was to find a golden arch.

It all made since when he kept looking at the tablet. So when Ahk let go of my hand to go see his parents I started my plan.

I snuck away from the group un noticed and made my way back to where we met Lance. Once there I found a suit of armor that didn't weigh a ton and a black horse that looked like his.

I slipped on the suit of armor and got onto the horse. Once I heard the clopping of his horse go by I quickly made my way to the front of the museum to meet him.

He stopped when he saw me. I guess it helped my armor was that of royalty. "My king I have brought you the tablet." I couldn't risk him recognizing my voice so I nodded and held out my gloved hand.

Once I was holding the tablet I waved my hand to dismiss Lancelot. He ran past everyone. Suddenly Larry and the rest of the group where in front of me.

"Uh your highness we need that tablet." I shook my head at him. I have to keep this act up or Lancelot may fight me. I drew my sword and pointed it at Larry's throat. Then Ahk stepped forward.

"We mean you no harm but we need that tablet to save our lives." I put down my sword. With one last look at everyone I pulled the reins and started running toward somewhere with moon light.

I could faintly hear them yelling at me. I felt horrible about this but I had to get the tablet in the moon light. I glanced at it and saw it was glowing again. That meant Ahk was in immense pain right now.

I snapped the reins again making my horse go faster. I tried to dodge as many people as possible. I think one man even flipped me the bird.

Once I reached a park I practically flipped off my horse and climed a huge oak tree. Taking a deep breath I held the tablet up to the sky.

Let me tell you if you have ever climed a tree wearing a suit made of metal you know what struggle is! But it was all worth it when the tablet glowed the brightest I had ever seen it and all the rust disappeared.

I smiled knowing everything would be alright now. I carefully climed back down the tree and put my helmet on. I got back on my horse, heading back toward the museum. I couldn't wait to see Ahmenrah again.

Ahkmenrah's POV

A few minutes later after the mysterious "King" left everything went wrong. Teddy and Sacajawea turned completely back to "statues", Atilla collapsed to the ground, Dexter was squealing in pain and I went to my knees.

My skin looked like black ink was scrawled all over it and I knew my eyes where grey. "L-Larry the t-tablet is almost g-gone. Were out of t-time."

He was holding Dexter and was looking around frantically. I could swear he was crying. It kept getting harder to breath and I was loosing my focus.

Black dots where forming in my vision and I knew this was the end. I had lived 3000 years and it was all worth it just to meet Scarlet. I regretted not telling her how I felt, I would always regret that.

Just as I was about to be consumed by the darkness it was like a weight was lifted. I suddenly took a sharp gasp of air and looked at my hands. The color was going back to normal and I could finally see.

"Someone put the tablet in the moon light." Larry sounded like he was trying to convince himself. "But where's Scarlet?" Nick had just asked the million dollar question.

"Maybe she's back in the Egypt section?" Maybe Teddy was right. I looked to see him and Sacajawea holding hands. It was about time they got together.

I stood up and started walking back into the museum, with everyone following me. I was going to find Scarlet and tell her how I felt. I didn't know how much time either of us had in this lifetime but I needed her to know.