five

During the time Kimiko warmed up together with her team, Kuroo did in fact not go out to search for some intelligence for sale. Maybe Kimiko would have to help him out with that later.

"The rules are simple. Six against six, 25 point sets and three sets to win. My team will only consist of Karasuno players and yours only of Nekoma. No cheating. No underhanded playing. And no crying when you lose. Understood?", Kimiko announced, arms crossed.

She was now in her volleyball gear consisting of a long sleeved shirt, shorts and a knee pad that partially covered the bandages around her right leg so it wouldn't be too obvious at first glance.

Kuroo nodded in agreement and grinned smugly at Kimiko "Alright, how about we spice this up. Whoever wins gets a free wish that gets granted by the other, how about that?"

Kimiko shrugged "If you're so keen on doing something for me then sure, go ahead."

With that said, the two turned to their teams and began discussing just how they would proceed.

"Alright, I want Daichi-san, Nishinoya-san, Suga-san, Asahi-nii and Tsukishima on my starting lineup. I ask of you to follow my lead and listen to me when I say something, okay? I want to win against that airhead and show him into his place, but I need your full support for this. I know that this is the first time you might play five sets at once in a semi-serious match but if we all coordinate well then we can do it."

The boys nodded, Hinata looking kind of bummed that he's staying out for the beginning, but he figured Kimiko would have her reasons as to why. Surely she'd let him be subbed in soon.

"Well then let's get going and let's show that airhead where he belongs," Kimiko said with a grin. She did her small handshake with her brother before she approached the court with her chosen lineup.

"I'll let the lady serve first," Kuroo sassed and Kimiko honestly wanted to gouge his eyes out. How could one person be so annoying? She had no idea.

With a glare she sent his way in response as he tossed the ball to her, she was sure to shut him up. Despite the grin he had on his face, he looked like a shiver ran down his spine, making Kimiko grin in return.

The teams got into their respective positions and Kimiko bounced the ball two, three times, before the whistle blew and she took a deep breath. 

One step, she tossed the ball into the air, two steps, three steps, and she jumped and swung her arm forward, her palm meeting the ball with a satisfying smack. In basically the blink of an eye the ball was on the other side of the court and slammed onto the ground before anyone on the opposing team could react.

Point for Karasuno.

Kimiko sent a vicious grin into Kuroo's direction, to which Kuroo only grinned back, though his eyes were dripping with irritation and Kimiko very much enjoyed that sight. Off with a bang, as she liked to say.

The ball came back to her and this time, Nekoma knew what to expect. They readied themselves for another deadly serve from the first year and when it came both Kai and Yaku went to receive it, only for both of them then stopping in their tracks as they wanted to let the other do it.

And so it was another point for Karasuno.

Kimiko loved to see the frustration on Kuroo's face already, even though the match had only just begun and she had only secured them a two point lead so far.

Third time's the charm as people say, so Kimiko thought to take some pity on the opposing team and didn't hit the ball so hard this time. What looked to most like a mistake was actually a float serve, aimed right at Kuroo.

The third year suddenly had a confident grin on his face as he already held his arms out to receive, only to realize too late that it was a float serve and he had to receive it overhead. 

3 - 0 for Karasuno.

During her fourth serve she finally actually took some pity on Nekoma and performed a normal jump serve that literally anyone, even Hinata, could receive.

Finally the game got really started.

Yaku received and sent the ball to their team's setter Kenma, who in return set to Kuroo. Kuroo was already met by a wall consisting of Asahi and Tsukishima, their arms blocking him from going for a straight.

Of course he realized that, only on time this time, so he actually managed to change course to a cross. The ball though was received by Nishinoya, who sent the ball to Suga, who then tossed to Asahi and had him score a point for the team.

4 - 0

"Ya, airhead, I thought you didn't want to go easy on me?", Kimiko called over to the captain, feeling in the mood to tease him.

Kuroo's brows were furrowed in frustration but nevertheless did he grin back as he replied "I thought giving you a head start would make my win later feel even better."

A few of the other teams watching snickered at their exchange. It's like the showdown between Kuroo and Kimiko was the main attraction of their first day of training camp. Or even of their entire training camp. Who knew, depending on the outcome, maybe they'd have a rematch on the last day.

"Noya-san, did you hear anything?", Kimiko questioned the libero, who grinned and shrugged in return "Nope, you?" Kimiko shook her head and returned to her position, ball in hand, ready to serve.

This match will sure be the most interesting game she's ever played.

it's a double update demons to honor our 800 demons strong cult

not proof read

alex out