~Chapter 1~ Desire

(Y/N) never really asked to be the way she was. She never asked to be a monster, and she never asked to be chased out into the streets. Yet there she was.

The young lady was in her college dorm room at the time. She was simply on her computer with her pet spider, Nina, crawling around her desk beside her. In fact, little Nina there was the entire reason (Y/N) was on her laptop in the first place.

She had been trying to find exactly what kind of spider Nina was. She had never seen any other spider like this before, and was quite curious to see if she had found some endangered species of spider casually crawling around her college dorm.

Her research came to a halt, however, when she felt a sting on her wrist. "Ouch!" she exclaimed, instantly pulling her arm back. Looking down, she saw Nina looming over a little spider bite.

"Nina! What the heck?!" she exclaimed, immediately shooing her little pet off her arm and standing up, cursing to herself as she searched for an ice pack as well as her phone to call for help. "Dammit... Did-did she inject venom...?" she mumbled, now beginning to slightly panic as she felt the bite mark seemingly grew hotter and hotter.

She hissed in pain and grabbed her wrist as the pain grew more and more unbearable. "Dammit... I bet she did...!" She began to grow more frantic as she threw items around, desperate to find her phone at this point.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit...!" She gripped her head. The room began spinning as she stumbled about, no longer able to tell her left from her right and her up from her down and her forward to her backward, until finally, everything went black.

She had awoken to a scream. Jumping up, she looked around. However, she felt a bit... off... She looked over to her dorm room door and saw one of her friends standing there, snacks and games littering the floor around her as she stared at (Y/N) with fearful eyes.

Eyes... eyes? Why did her eyes feel weird? She brought her hands up to her face. There, she felt her two eyes. And then two more above them... and one more on her forehead...

She screamed, putting her hands up to her mouth. But... her hands were over her top three eyes? She had another pair of arms... Five eyes, four arms- what the hell did that spider do to her?!

"Kira!" (Y/N) exclaimed, reaching out for the girl, "What- what happened to me?! Why am I like this?!"

"S-stay away from me!" Kira shrieked, bolting away screaming. (Y/N) didn't know what to do. What was she supposed to do?! Chase after her? Run off? Stay in her room?

Well, apparently that question had answered itself, as two people ran over to (Y/N)'s room to check out what had her little friend run off screaming like that.

Both people screamed. "Monster!" they both yelled, one of them instantly bringing out their phone. Nope. (Y/N) didn't feel like being detained and/or dying today. She jumped right out the window.

'I'm fucked I'm fucked I'm fucKED I'M FUCKED I'M SO FUCKED!' (Y/N) thought to herself as she landed in the bushes. She immediately ran off, not daring to look back at the several security guards chasing her down.

Quite a while had passed. How long? She wasn't sure. (Y/N) mainly lived in the shadows, such as in alleyways or sometimes the forest. She mainly relied on stealing food from people's grocery bags when they were distracted, or sometimes just eating whatever she could catch in her webs.

Speaking of which, she had become a bit more used to her new form as time went on. She was able to create her own webs by examining how other spiders made theirs, little spiders she would occasionally find crawling around were good company, and she was slowly getting used to being sideways and upside down.