Glimpse of the Past

Sunlight poured through the windows. Small dragonets, each of them a different color, played a game of tag in the sky.

In the library, Starflight raised his head, listening. He radiated peace and happiness. Dreamcatcher raced into the cave, leaped onto the desk, kissed the side of his head, grabbed one of the scrolls and flew off down another tunnel, calling, "Thank you, Father!"

"No flying in the tunnels!" He called after her, but he was smiling.

Clay poked his head in through another entrance and said, "My class is asking for more scrolls on the War of SandWing Succession. I thought maybe you could come talk and talk and talk to them instead, and then maybe they'll go to sleep and stop asking me questions."

"Ha ha, hilarious," Starflight said, rolling his eyes and sliding out from behind the desk. "Firefly, just put that back when you're done, all right?"

Over in the bay window, Firefly answered, "Sure" absentmindedly. She was curled up with Amber and Whale. They had a scroll spread out in front of them and were studying it together.

"Can you imagine?" Whale said. "The tribes hated each other so much, back then."

"It's a good thing we're so much smarter than all the dragons who lived before us," Firefly declared, importantly. "We'd never make their mistakes."

"I'm glad we're here, though," Amber said. "At Jade Mountain Academy. I'm glad it exists."

"Me too," Firefly and Whale said in unison.

Stargazer sat at a table, across the room, reading a book/scroll. Suddenly, she felt a strange chill, a shiver running down her spine. She wasn't exactly cold, she could feel the sunlight pouring through the window and the slight breeze wasn't that cold, it was actually even a bit refreshing. She glanced up, her eyes wandering around the room, feeling as if someone was watching her, a sudden presence in the room.

As she glanced around the room, she caught sight of her mother. But, something felt off about her, her mother seemed...different. Stargazer couldn't quite put her talon on, but soon discovered the answer. Her mother looked younger... and Stargazer could've sworn it almost seemed as if her mother was slightly see through. Stargazer also noticed everyone seemed unaware of Moonwatcher's presence, almost as if they couldn't see her. And then, Stargazer realized something, her mother wasn't staring at her; she was staring at Firefly, Amber and Whale.

Stargazer glanced at her friends and when her gaze returned to where her mother had been standing just a moment ago, she was gone. It was if she was never even there.

_______________________________________

(In case you couldn't tell, this entire chapter was from book 6 of the series but I rewrote it to be set in the present - by present I mean during the time this book takes place - and added a bit on.)

(Also slightly based on Supernatural episode 16 of season 11 'Safe House')

(I liked the idea that because "time is fluid" Stargazer could kind of 'see' her mom having the vision)

(Well, I was going to post this chapter later in the story but I feel like it's already slightly out of order so I'll just post this now since it's been completed for a while now)