prologue✙

Your POV-
(I suck at explaining things like this lol)

Ever since I saw him I just felt this unwavering attraction

attraction. I needed him I wanted him. He was always with other girls,or with his friends,or playing volleyball so I never had a chance to talk to him,but he always seem to be so alone.
No matter who he was with, no matter what he was doing, he looked like he wanted to scream and yell to get anybody's attention. I know That feeling way too well, but I honestly didn't expect him to feel the exact same way as I did.
As soon as I got the courage to talk to him he graduated. It hurt knowing that I was probably never gonna see him again knowing that I didn't get to tell him.
It was graduation day. I got to see him graduate because my sister was in the same year as him.
As I saw him walk on stage shaking the principles hand,taking his diploma, I didn't see happiness Or relief, I saw Pure hurt in his eyes almost numbness. I shifted around, looking to see if anyone else noticed the very obvious affliction on his face, but I only saw cheerful smiles With glossed over eyes. Not a single person noticed, no- I mean cared. The look on his face was more than noticeable, as he tried to hide the pain with a grimace. I looked over to his friends in the following line, waiting to get there diplomas. They all seem uninterested in Ukai, all of them in their own little world. Laughing and messing around on stage, hoping the teachers don't catch them in their horseplay. Rolling my eyes I turned my attention to the audience. I tried to look for Ukai's family members, but I couldn't see anyone in the assigned seats, except for a middle aged man. He was sitting with his legs crossed and his arms folded, a worried smile was plastered on his face. He soon got up and walked out.
I looked back to the stage Ukai still shaking the administrator's hands. I noticed him looking out to the audience. A look of defeat washed over his face as the man left the building.
As soon as Ukai finished saying thank you and shaking hands, he walked off the stage.I saw him walk to the back of the gym and exit through the doors I feel like nobody noticed except me.
I wanted to go see what happened so I left telling my family I was just going to the restroom. I ran but my speed depleted as I stopped around the corner I heard hurt, crying,painful crying.
I saw him sit there with tears in his eyes looking like his heart just got ripped in two. I heard him say " I'm completely alone." Those words alone made my heart break, a couple of tears fell down my cheeks but before I could wipe them off I heard rustling from his direction.
I realized he was getting up so I bolted back to my seat I think he noticed me before I could get into the gym but he didn't say anything so I kept quiet.
Before the ceremony could end, I noticed that he left. I didn't know when, but the empty row of his family's chairs labeled "Ukai Family" made me feel sick.
Looking at the middle seat in the row, all that was left to show that anyone showed up was a graduation cap and a Karasuno High volleyball.
Two years left at Kurasuno high, that's all I have. It hurts but I'll be OK. I won't let him be alone I promise.

 I won't let him be alone I promise