Ch. 11 - I'd like one healthy brain, please?

Trigger Warning - mentions of suicide, depression.

Do you prefer long chapters or short chapters? I prefer long chapters, that's why it takes me so long to update lol.

Enjoy!

****

Violet

The early morning sun broke through the clouds, beaming through my bedroom window, waking me abruptly. And I despised it.

I groan, rolling over, "Why the fuck is the sun out?" If there's one thing I could always count on is the sun disappearing in Seattle the second Fall descends. It's the one thing I look forward to every year—the sun dissipating and the cold rushing in. But of course, fucking global warming and fucking billionaires destroying our planet.
I cocoon myself deeper into my blankets, hiding from the sun and the hangover that's surely awaiting me when I wake up. I can feel Olive moving, shifting closer. Her little paws stepping on me as she gets comfortable on my back. Her movements bringing a smile to my face as I chase sleep once again.

But not even 10 minutes later, an alarm goes off, torturing me awake. My headache pulsing to the beat of the alarm. I squeeze my tired eyes shut, a lone tear escaping the corner of my eye. I wipe it away, pleading Eleanor to shut it off as I stay hidden under the covers. She huffs in annoyance, shoving me slightly, but ultimately turns off the blaring alarm.

"Vi", She nudges me.

"Go away", I croak.

"Violet. It's your phone.", She smacks me over the covers, "You have a therapy appointment in 30 minutes".

Well fuck. My eyes widen in response, knowing Carolina would eat me alive if I skipped an appointment. But even so, I really don't want to go. I try to convince myself that I can take her wrath, just this once. That it'll be worth it. And as I start to fall back into a dreamless sleep, I almost start to believe it until El nudges me awake again. This time pulling the covers off of me, it's protective warmth leaving with it.

I turn over to glare at her. She's already sitting up, a stern look on her face as she holds my reusable water bottle and ibuprofen in her hands for me. "Drink this. All of it.", She narrows her eyes at me, "And go". I take the items begrudgingly, swallowing the pills and chugging my water. I drink almost half of it, soothing my dry throat and washing away the bitter, tangy after taste of last nights whiskey.

"There. Happy?", I ask, clumsily getting out of bed. Olive immediately takes my spot in bed, cuddling my pillow. And I can't even be mad, her cuteness a soothing distraction from the aches and pain currently encompassing my body.

"Not until you leave so I can go back to sleep", She smiles sarcastically, before drinking from her own water bottle. She then lays back down, getting comfortable with MY dog. I trudge to the bathroom, flipping her off as I go. She only cackles in response.

And lucky me, a bloody surprise greets me when I'm on the toilet. "MOTHER FUCK. SERIOUSLY?," I yell, immensely exasperated. I stomp back into my room, after slapping on a pad, brushing my teeth, and half assing my skin care routine, and go to my closet to change.

"What happened?", El asks, slightly muffled by the pillow she's resting on. Her face puckered and eyes heavy with sleep, struggling to stay open.

"I got my period", I grumble in frustration, hunched over as I go, holding pressure over my uterus as the pain rapidly intensifies. My headache luckily subsiding to a dull, manageable ache. So that's something at least, in the tragedy that is my life.