Chapter 3

Picture of Hadley on the side :)

Hadley's POV:

I can't believe it! It finally happened! This is just amazing. My mate, my actual mate is here! At my dad's 50th birthday party! At the moment, I'm in his arms and he's holding me to his chest. Well more like crushing me, but I'm not complaining. I can feel his chest through his shirt and let me tell you, it is incredibly chiseled. Alpha Maddox, who would've thought? He is the strongest Alpha in North America and he's my mate.

I rub his arm, completely awe-struck by how big his biceps are. They're like the size of my leg! I can feel him staring at me so I look up into his beautiful green eyes. "Hello" I said, still trapped in his intense gaze. He didn't reply which made me stop smiling. Our mate doesn't want us, I thought to my wolf. She whimpered back inn agreement. I tried to pull away, but once he realized what I was doing, he pulled me back into his solid chest.

"Mine," he growled out, loud enough to cause even more people to stare at us. I smiled to myself. I guess we were both wrong, my wolf thought, thank god. I look up at his amazing face to see him staring down at me. We both are lost in a trance until something, or rather someone, brought us out.

"Get your hands off of my sister!" I look over to see my eldest brother Jackson stalking over to us. I thought he would have been happy for me. He has been looking for his mate for so long. I thought he would be excited that I don't have to wait as long as him. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Jackson say something. "How could you be his mate?! You're not leaving with him, I refuse to allow this!"

I was going to say something about him being ridiculous and out of line, but my mate beat me to it. "You have another thing coming if you think I'm going to let you do that," Maddox snarled at Jackson. He pushed me away and stalked right up to Jackson. He put his two massive hands on Jackson's massive shoulders and shoved him back. Being a future Alpha, Jackson only stumbled back a few feet. However, as soon as he righted himself, he threw his fist right at Maddox's face.

You have to do something! My wolf hissed at me.

It's hard to try and get in between a fight involving two grown men who are twice as tall as you and about four times as strong. I didn't know what to do. It's not like Maddox was the complete victim in this. He started the fight by shoving Jackson. That alone is unacceptable.

After both got a few good punches in, my dad finally stepped in. "ENOUGH!" he yelled in his Alpha voice. "What is the meaning of this?!"

I whimper, trying to figure out how we went from me being in Maddox's arms to Maddox and my brother fighting.

Maddox turns around, and by the look on his face, he knows he fucked up.

Good. My wolf growled.

I just can't believe how this night went from perfect to horrible in a matter of seconds. I turn around and take off towards the pack house. I can't be here, in front of all these people. As I make it up to my room, I run in and slam the door shut. I slide down on the wall next to the door, sobbing because I know that these next few days aren't going to be easy.

----------------------------------------------

Alpha Maddox's POV:

I watch her as she runs away towards what must be the pack house. I don't know why but that really pisses me off. Yes, I admit that fighting her brother wasn't one of my best ideas.

No shit Sherlock, my wolf growls at me.

Shut it, I hiss back.

Anyway, I know it wasn't a good idea, but her running away doesn't make me any happier. To make matters worse, her idiot brother is still saying shit.