Chapter 5

Alpha Maddox’s POV:

I watch her as the sedatives take over. I think back to last night. I couldn’t sleep due to the fact that my wolf was still angry over what happened at the party. We need to teach her that she is not going to get away with everything. Her reaction today isn’t exactly helping with his anger either. She’s mine! She shouldn’t be crying over that obnoxious family of her’s. I can’t help but agree with him. My mate should be more than excited about going back to my pack, not crying and screaming for her family.

I’m pulled from my thoughts by my beta, Declan, who pointed back towards the pack house. I looked behind me to see Hadley’s parents and brothers standing on the front porch. I make eye contact with her dad only for him to look away. Jackson leaves the porch and makes his way over to my car. I groan, knowing this is just going to end up in a screaming match. Declan chuckles and send a glare at the back of his head. I hear a knock on the window and I turn to see Jackson gesturing for me to roll down the window.

I roll down the window as he begins to talk. “I hope you realize that if I hear of you mistreating my sister, I will come to your territory and personally take her back here.” That pissed me off. How dare he threaten to take my mate away from me.

“First of all, you’ll actually have to have communication with your sister in order to hear that I am ‘mistreating’ her.” He goes to say something, but I cut him off, “Second of all, if you step foot anywhere inside of my territory, I won’t hesitate to kill you and come back here and take over your pack. So back off from the car before I get out of this car and knock you the fuck out.” I roll up the window and give Declan the order to drive off.

After driving for awhile, Declan broke the silence. “I don’t mean any disrespect, but was that completely necessary?” I sighed, “I know it wasn’t the smartest decision in the world, but my wolf wasn’t exactly too thrilled to have that prick threatening to take away my mate. I don’t regret it. At least now, he will know exactly what he is facing if he even thinks of stepping foot on my land.” He nods, understanding where I’m coming from. I yawn, my lack of sleep catching up with me. “I’m going to get some shut eye. Wake me up when we get back to our pack house.” I wrap my arm around Hadley’s waist, pulling her unconscious body closer to mine. As soon as she wakes up, we must explain the rules to her. I don’t want to mate with her too early, my wolfs says to me. I sigh. You know that it’s too much to believe we can wait to mate her. I cut off my connection with my wolf as I fall into oblivion.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I’m sorry I was late with the update and I know it's short, but it's something. I hope I’ll be able to update sometime in the next week. I’m taking my state exam for my driving permit on Wednesday, so please wish me luck!

PLEASE:

COMMENT!

VOTE!

FOLLOW!

Love you lots,

Danielle