Til Death Do Us Part

Lexie Grey
Lexie ran around the room with panic written across her face as she bent over to check under the king sized matress that definitely felt much bigger when slept on alone.
..................................
"Why can't I find my left heel??? Today is supposed to be perfect!" Lexie shouted, clearly frustrated at the fact that everything went perfect until the day it REALLY needed to be perfect.
..................................
"Lex, you're wearing it," Meredith said with a small laugh and went over to rub the younger Grey's back. "I know today is scaring and frustrating but just think about the look on Mark's face when he sees his beautiful soon to be wife walking down the aisle in her stunning long white gown." Meredith always knew what to say to make it better.
..................................
Lexie laughed a little and leaned up slowly as she rubbed her forehead, "right yeah, and I know Mark will love me for me." Lexie said softly before walking into the full body mirror and fluffing out her long white gown that had a slit down the side to show off her long leg.
..................................
Lexie didn't have many friends so the only person in the wedding for her was Meredith and Callie and Callie was off making sure all the decorations and music was set just right for Lexie and Mark even though Lexie would be the one to throw a fit more than Mark Sloan.
Lexie had her makeup and hair all touched up with the finishing product and she looked so much more mature than she was, although Lexie was really mature..she was- well, a very awkward person to say the least.
..................................
Mark Sloan
The tall built up man fixed up the black tie that Derek insisted on him wearing to match the whole theme and because something about it making Lexie happy and that instantly made Mark think to change his outfit because he would do anything to make his girl happy even though Mark Sloan was definitely more of a leather jacket and jeans type of man. Mark turned his attention to Derek who was fixing the sleeves of his shirt to look more formal then Mark gulped.
..................................
"What if I screw up?" Mark asked suddenly which Made Derek look up and raise an eyebrow, giving him a look that says for him to continue.
..................................
"What if she realizes how beautiful she is and that she could do so much better than some old fuckboy like me?" He asked sadly. Now Derek knew he wasn't joking because Mark Sloan doesn't show emotion.
..................................
"Do you love her?" Mark nodded, "Do you feel the need to hurt her..emotionally or physically." Mark shook his head quickly, "do you see yourself falling for her harder every..single..day..?" Derek asked softly and that made Mark smile and nod. "Then marry her, she's your one of a kind." Derek said and Mark nodded, "right right..yeah, of course. I guess it's just nerves" Mark said which caused Derek to laugh, "let's go..we have to get you down the aisle.
..................................
Both men laughed as they made their way out the room and down to the wedding area where people were sat. Today was the day, Mark was marrying the one he loves most.
..................................
Lexie Grey
Lexie stood behind the curtain and peaked her head real quick which made her heart drop but in the best way possible. There he was at the end of the aisle, standing there straight with Derek and a few other men behind him. She quickly closed the curtain so he wouldn't see her. She didn't believe in the bad luck but she still wanted to wait to see his face when she walks down the aisle. Soon enough, the music began to play and and Derek and the others had left to officially walk the bride maids down the aisle, not that there were many there. Lexie felt like she wanted to throw up from all the nerves running through her stomach and that's when it came, the music..HER song. The song she has to walk down to. Her dad wasn't there so Derek came back and smiled
..................................
"You look beautiful, Lexie." Derek said softly and Lexie smiled sweetly before linking her arm with his, "thank you..and thanks for walking me down" Derek nodded and Lexie took a deep breath. Okay..it's time.
..................................
Mark Sloan
As the main song began to play through the speakers at a soft volume, Mark got prepared and turned to look. After what felt like a while, Derek came walking out with the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Everything about her was perfect. The way her eyes sparkles just right with the soft sun beaming down to the loose curls that hung from her face as the rest of her hair was in the bun and the way she smiled when Derek kissed her head and stood in place and she took her ground in front of Mark. Everything was perfect, no..scratch that. SHE was perfect.
..................................
"You look absolutely gorgeous, Alexandra Grey.." Mark whispered which caused her to blush. He knew she hated attention so he took her hands in his and squeezed them.
..................................
"I'm glad to welcome you all here for the wedding of Mark Sloan and Alexandra Grey." As the guy spoke, Lexie and Mark were too caught up in each other's eyes to notice anything around them.
..................................
Everyone
"Mark, if you have any vows you'd like to share with Alexandra, please say now." The pastor said.
..................................
Mark felt nervous suddenly but knew it would be okay soon, he'd carry his wife in his arms and share the rest of his life with her. Lexie looked at him and smiled as she let go of his hands so he could pull the paper out of his pocket but she raised an eyebrow when he crumbled it up and tossed it to the side, "what are you-" Mark shushed her by placing his index finger on her lips.
..................................
"I don't need a note to express the love I have for you" he stated, "Alexandra Grey, I'm not even gonna lie..when you first showed up to Seattle Grace hospital, you were annoying as hell.." that caused a few laughs from the crowd including Lexie.
..................................
"But as time went on, I realized you weren't annoying, you were just really smart and that annoyed the other interns..then something that was meant to stay one night was not just one night and I'm sure we both knew it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that..I can't ever escape you, you changed me and made me better, you made me realize there is a person for everyone and you, Lexie Grey, are my person. So you can't die..please..you and I, we're meant to be.."
..................................
Lexie smiled through the tears and looked down to see his hand holding tightly onto hers and the blood and Ash on their hands. She looked up slowly and noticed Mark had bruises..and blood and Ash on his face. "W-whats going on..?" Lexie asked Mark, clearly scared. "I'm not dying, I'm right here baby..I'm here.." Mark shook his head and the tears continued to fall as he repeated himself, "you and I, we're meant to be. You and I, we're meant to be." He kept repeating it over and over and Lexie pulled her hand back to cover her ears
..................................
"Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" She closed her eyes tightly and that's when it hit her. She slowly lifted her eyes opened and felt a weight on her which caused her to look up. She was under the wing of the plane..that's when she heard it.
..................................
"You can't die, you and I, we're meant to be.." Mark said through the tears as his grip on her hand tightened. Lexie turned her head over slowly and smiled weakly.

"Meant..to be.."
┊  ┊  ┊   ┊  ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊   ☆  ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊   ✬      ✬   ┊   ┊
┊  ★            ★   ┊
☆ ☆
So that definitely took a turn! Hope you enjoyed my first ever Grey's anatomy fanfiction. I promise they won't all be sad, have a great day/night! Xoxo, Katelyn