Girl on the Train

This is an adult Lauren and fetus Camila interaction. Hope you enjoy!

Lauren took one last breath of fresh air before she went up the steps of the train. The reason being that the train always kept a repulsive odor in it, no matter what time of day she boarded.

One would think, why would Lauren take the train? She owned a car but the parking at the college she attended was horrible. Lauren also received a free public transportation card, which allowed her to ride the train whenever. So, riding the free train instead of paying for gas, a parking permit and driving around for an hour in the college's parking garage seemed way more ideal. Still, that didn't stop Lauren from being disgusted every time she would board the train.

She easily considered herself a germaphobe and hated the sight of anything she personally deemed as disgusting. Lauren always had trouble holding her tongue about it too. For instance, her younger sister Taylor had always been very giving and kind to everyone around her, therefore she constantly bugged Lauren to tag along with her to feed the less fortunate. After some time, the green-eyed girl finally agreed to her younger sisters wishes but couldn't even last more than thirty minutes.

In Lauren's defense, she had stepped on a used condom while handing a man a sandwich, the poor guy heard all of her words about how she's never doing anything like that again. The day had resulted in a very grumpy Lauren as well as her new pair of fila's thrown in the nearest dumpster.

Lauren quickly leaned onto the rail of the staircase; she would never sit inside the train because the inconsiderate people who boarded before her would always leave their trash on the seats. Another reason being why she never sat down was because she didn't want to risk someone sitting down next to her. Which is a true fear for the raven-haired girl.

Lauren was well aware that she could be labeled as rude. Even when people tried to start up a conversation with her, she'd hastily plug her earbuds in. But that was just who Lauren was. She didn't want to be seen as rude though at the same time she also didn't feel like having small talk with people she didn't know nor would ever see again.

Today was different though, before Lauren could get lost in her music, she saw an adorable little girl walk down the middle of the train. Unsteadily at that, to say the least. While the little one wobbled down the train, her attention was focused on trying to open a snack sized bag of Lays potato chips. Even though the doe eyed child was very adorable, Lauren was more concerned with the child wandering around the train, alone.

Now, Lauren was never one to ask questions or interfere with people's lives but children happened to be her weak spot. She didn't know whether to approach the child or not but her decision became apparent quickly when she saw the bag of potato chips pop open and all of its contents fall out of its confinement and onto the train's floor.

"No, no, no honey" she says while crouching down towards the child, stopping the little one from eating the potato chips which were scattered across the ground, "that's nasty, it's on the floor."

The little girl's head shoots up at the voice, her brown eyes making contact with Lauren's green ones and before she can send a smile to the small girl, the child starts to cry hysterically.

"Oh no, shh, shh, it's okay" she tries to console the little girl but the child won't budge, "hey look, it's alright, looky here," Lauren says as she scrambles to find a snack from her backpack, hoping that she did actually have something to feed the child.

"Ah hah" she hums in victory as she pulls out a Ziploc bag of fruit that she didn't get to finish eating between classes. "Hey, hey honey, look at what I got" she taps the little one's shoulder to get her attention.

"Fruta?" the girls asks in between wiping her tears and sniffling, "Para mi?"

Now, Lauren doesn't know a lick of Spanish, like not at all--yes, she is of Cuban decent though her parents barely spoke Spanish themselves, not nearly enough to be fluent or to teach their children properly. But the little brunette did say a similar word to fruit and she heard a "me" in their somewhere, so Lauren was able to put two and two together.

"Yes honey, the fruit is for you, you can have it" she says while ushering the girl to take the bag from her.

The small child quickly grabs a strawberry from inside the bag and munches on it like she hasn't eaten in decades, Lauren is quick to wipe away the running juices from the little one's chin, not once thinking about the possible germs that the girl could be distributing to Lauren.

"Mmm, yummy. Gracias señorita" the babe says in between munches, as Lauren moves the girl's unruly hair away from her eyes.

"KARLA!"

The girl almost drops a raspberry as both her and Lauren look up, where a loud voice is nearing. Lauren see's a golden-brown haired woman carefully walking down the moving train, and Lauren thinks the lady must be related to the little girl. Karla, Lauren thinks the woman called her.

Again, Lauren's not one to initiate any kind of interaction with others, though for the little girl's sake and to not appear as a threat, Lauren smiles and sends a small, shy wave towards the older woman.

"Karla! Que estas haciendo aquí?" The lady quickly ignores Lauren's greeting, instead she quickly starts talking to the little girl in Spanish. And Lauren can't understand what's going on but she can tell that the woman is not happy, "De donde agarraste esa fruta? Donde están las papitas? Estas robando otra vez?"

"No mami! No la robe, esa señorita me la dio," Lauren watches Karla as she speaks to the woman with the most cutest squeaky voice. The little girl ends her sentence pointing at Lauren which makes the woman turn her attention to her, Lauren feels a bit worried as the lady's eyes are narrowed towards her.

"Why give fruit?" the woman asks Lauren in a harshly unpleasant tone, she's barely able to understand the matured woman's broken up sentence and the heavy accent is not helping in any way.

"Uhh, s-she was crying because her chips fell" Lauren tried to get out clearly for the woman but her nervousness got a bit in the way. When the lady gives her a somewhat confused look, Lauren just points down towards the chip-littered flooring of the train.

"Karla, ¿cuantas veces te tengo que decir? Ten cuidado! Tienes que cuidar lo que haces!" She says to the little girl in piercing tone, "Espera hasta que nos bajemos de este tren y veras!"

Lauren could tell the little girl was being scolded, she didn't know to what extent but she still felt bad for Karla as she heard the mother's rough tone and saw the girl's big brown eyes fill with tears while her bottom lip begins to quiver a bit.

"Hey" Lauren taps the woman's shoulder, much to her dismay. Quickly reminding herself to sanitize once they are out of sight, "the train was quite shaky for a kid, well for anyone in general...it's not her fault," the woman gives Lauren a disinterested glance and then goes back to talking to Karla.

"Tienes suerte que el tren esta lleno, vámonos!" the woman says while grabbing the girl's arm, walking past Lauren without another word in English or Spanish.

At the next stop, Lauren watches the lady walk off the train, her hand staying attached to Karla's shoulder probably so she doesn't lose her again. Before the doors can close all the way, Lauren see's the little girl throw her a quick smile and a wave goodbye with the hand holding the bag of fruit. Lauren smiles back in return, her day feeling a little bit brighter with the smile that Karla sends her.

Let me know what y'all think, por favor! Also, I'd greatly appreciate it if you would give this chapter a vote and a comment in general! Thanks, in advanced! 💕

 —lonely_schmoob (f.y.i. if you want to know my actual name or get to know me in general, PM me anytime)