- Link from Twilight -

Yes, I decided that I'm going to put the twilight princess link on the fic, just because he's my second favorite link in the entire franchise, so throughout the chapters you will see a lot of cuteness from a wolf with an all-loving Link and a Sidon wanting to steal the wolf just for yes! Good reading 🥳

———
Link was the first to wake up after yesterday's little argument with Sidon, he felt a little guilty for not realizing Sidon's side sooner, but he would put that aside. During his sleep, a person he met days after he woke up at first, appeared in his dream, but as a wolf, the only thing the wolf turned to him was to look at him as if to say "I will go with you on this journey, I want to protect you and your soul mate "

Of course, Link wanted to ask why, but soon remember what he told him when they met. He cannot stay with his soulmate as he wanted, since the person had to go to his kingdom, which was not in Hyrule. He can quickly imagine that he did not want someone to have the same fate as him.

With these thoughts of the dream and the conversation, Link did not notice that Sidon was looking at him waiting for Link to give any sign that he was not sleeping. He had gone to his own room the day before, but now he was so anxious about the trip that as soon as he woke up, he went to Link's room.

"I'm awake, is it time to go yet?" - Link asked, noticing the small suitcase on Sidon's back

"Yes, I already talked to my father, I ordered Epona to prepare for you and I took the liberty of getting several fruits and a few more things so we wouldn't be hungry" - Ok, for this Link I didn't expect, but he was even touched

"Wow, for a first trip, until you're aware of what it takes!" - Link exclaimed, with a white smile on his lips

Sidon returned with a laugh, but soon stopped when he noticed an animal looking at them through the window.

"My God, is that a wolf?" - Link looked confusedly at the window and saw the same wolf from his dream, soon realized it was Twili, or else, Link from Twilight

"Calm down, he's just the hero of the twilight, I'm a descendant of him, just like he is of everyone else and so on." - Sidon tried to understand, but still looked at the figure in the window with fear

"For the love of the goddesses, Twili, if your goal is to go with us just to protect us, stay in your normal figure!" - Link complained, soon causing the wolf to make a small howl and become a human, almost like Link, with blue eyes, blond hair, but without a geek on his head, because the hair was already cut and his typical tunic, a dark green, with light green pants, but this time, without the typical cap of your tunic.

Twili, or Link, looked at Link with upset eyes and commented.

"You know that I prefer to stay as a wolf, I'm faster and don't remember many things!" - Twili complained, making Link notice some small tears in his friend's eyes

"Twili, it's not like she died, she's alive and healthy, besides, the thread is there, isn't it?" - Link commented, knowing at least more of Twili's pain.

"The problem is that she broke the mirror, so the probability of seeing her again is equal to zero, because literally she used her tear to destroy the mirror and the mirror was in pieces, the only thing left was the stone big of the portal! " - Twili said, getting frustrated with the direction of the conversation, if it comes to the theme of feelings, Twili would freak out!

"Can someone explain to me what's going on?" - Sidon said calmly, making Twili and Link stop the conversation and Twili started to explain.

"I am Link's ancestor, the Twilight Hero, as it would be very strange for Link to call me by my real name, which is the same as his, so I told him to call me Twili. We are practically the same person, only I am from a different time and I don't know with what magic, but I managed to come to this era, what was said is that I should protect Link during his life, for him to connect with his soulmate for him don't have the same fate as me, of losing her forever. Now my goal is to accompany you, Prince Sidon and Link, during your journey. " - Twili explained, but knew that Sidon still had one more question.

"How was it that you were a wolf a few minutes ago and now you look just like Link? My father always told me that Link has past lives, because it's part of Hyrule's story, but I never thought it was really real!" - Twili knew that this was the doubt and knew it would be hard for him to explain, since everything reminds him of a certain person.

"Well, it's complicated, but I'll explain. In my day, Hyrule was attacked by a" king "of the Twilight Realm, Zant. His twilight did not reach the place where I lived, Ordon, but it did reach the ends of Hyrule. I was dragged by the monsters of Zant to Twilight, I, unlike the population of Hyrule, was not a spirit, but a wolf, since I was the hero chosen by the goddesses, I was automatically protected from the darkness by them. I was saved by..." - he sighed, before continuing the story - "Midna, the Princess of Twilight Realm, who had been cursed by Zant and expelled from her kingdom. During our journey together, she discovered that Zant had placed a strange stone on my head like magic to keep me a wolf, but it came out and now I can use it whenever I want." - Twili explained, leaving Sidon with his mouth open and Link with sadness in his eyes, he knew the pain that went to him when it was over.

"Twili, leave it for now, I'll have to show you something when we get to Hateno, ok? It will cheer you up a bit, I hope so" - Twili looked doubtfully at Link's affectionate smile, but didn't comment.

"Do you have everything you need, Twili? I can ask the guards or the king for any help if you wish." - Sidon commented, trying to change the topic of conversation. He felt from the connection with Link, that this topic was hurting his new partner.

"No, thanks Prince Sidon" - Twili smiled and turned into a wolf again. Then Link put on his Champion tunic and gave Twili a little pat on the head, he knew that affection for him was sometimes comforting.

Sidon smiled at Link's gesture and found the connection these two had was very cute, he knew that Link had a special affection for Twili, almost like a brother.

"So let's go" - The three left Link's room, thus starting their journey, along with Twili. Link only hopes that what he has saved for Twili, cheers up Twili's spirit a little and even that Link manages to put his plan into practice, of making Twili find the person he thought he lost forever.

While passing through the population, some were frightened by the wolf behind Sidon and Link, but others asked to pet the wolf.

Twili did not expect this, when he was a wolf in his era, everyone was filled with fear, he was even expelled from Telma's bar, one of his closest friends, when he tried to go to Zelda's room, to this save a person who was on the verge of death.

And again, Twili wished for a last minute to talk to her, her soulmate and the person who never expected to fall in love...Midna.

Thinking of her broke Twili's heart to pieces, so he think that as soon as he set foot in this different era, he could start over, but it seems that even here, wherever he went, Midna would follow him, as a reminder of what he wanted to have, but even if fate wanted them together, because of the line that connected them, he couldn't.

Now, the mirror is broken and Midna is a dimension away from him, literally, because Twilight Realm is a realm that was expelled from Hyrule, to become a dimension of darkness, but by Midna's words, people are kind and calm, just wanting for peace.

That was what he expected.

Link had discovered something some time ago, near Hateno beach, that would certainly make Twili scared, or very happy, that was what Link expected.
———

Yes, I ship only a little Midlink, I ship things that few ship, I apologize right now 🤡 And I apologize for the delay in posting the chapter, I am too anxious about the new Lucifer season that I forgot that my fanfics still exist, but no I will drop this, so I stayed with me 🥺❤️