-5-

"Avia, get your rear in gear. We're going to be late for cheer!" A woman, who I think was the mom, called from inside the house.

"Just a sec Mom!" The girl yelled.

"So you know where she lives?" My hopes were rising.

"Yeah." She ran inside for a second and came back out with a sticky note. "Here's the address."

"Thanks! You have no idea how great this is!" I did it! I finally found my Mom. I tucked the picture back into my pocket.

"Your welcome! I've got to get ready for cheer, see ya later!" The girl disappeared into the house.

I waved goodbye and headed to the address on the sticky note.

I did it. I did it. I found my Mom. I did it. I found my family. Wow. I actually did it. This is crazy, really crazy. I did it.

I finally knocked on the door. Than a rang the door bell, just in case she didn't hear me.

"Hello?" A boy appeared at the door.

"Um does she live here?" I showed him the picture.

"Yup. MOM SOME GIRL IS HERE!" He yelled the last part. Than she walked up.

"Yes?" She was so pretty. She had long blond hair and really pretty eyes.

"Um could you cover up your left eye?" I swallowed hard and held up the photo with the left eye torn out.

"Okay." She smiled and covered her left eye with her hand.

I looked up at her than back down at the picture than back up, and back down. "It's you. It's really you." I had so many emotions going on that I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I ran up and hugged her. "Um, who are you?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm your daughter."