-6-

"No way." My Mom shook her head. "Is this some kind of prank?"

"No m'am. This isn't a prank. I'm your daughter." I swallowed hard. Was she mad? Does she not like me?

"But how?" My Mom pinched the part above her nose.

"10 years ago you left me at an orphanage and well here I am!" I spread my arms wide as if saying, this is it.

"10 years ago? Oh man, this is bad, this is really bad." She mumbled to herself.

"I have a sister? Awesome!" The boy, Cooper, pumped his fist in the air. "Wait what?" His face fell.

"You're my daughter." My Mom whispered.

"I'm your daughter." I repeated.

"Well, um come in." She ushered me inside and closed the door behind me.

"Thanks." I replied, after she handed me some water.

"Yeah sure. May I ask how you got here?" She sat down on the couch across from my chair, Cooper next to her.

I winced. "I snuck out of the orphanage, got a ride to Pocatello, showed people your picture and eventually ended up here."

"Is your name Cora, by any chance?" She asked and I nodded. She continued. "You're really my daughter."

"Yeah, I am."

She got up and hugged me. "You're my daughter!"

"Yeah, I am. Can you be my mother?" I asked, embracing the hug.

"Well, I would like too but first we have to sign the papers and all that stuff." My mom wiped a tear.

"I can't believe I have a Mom!" I chuckled.

"I can't believe I found you." My Mom tucked my messy hair behind my ear.

"Actually I found you." I sassed. "And believe me, it was hard finding you."

__________________

A/N- Calm down, it's not over. This is just the beginning. :)