daydreaming

❀❀❀

i groaned as i got up, groggy and searching for my phone

"did i forget to plug it up?" i whispered to myself as i rubbed my eyes.

i smelled something good wafting up the stairs of my apartment building.

"alv?" my feet pattered against the pale wood flooring.

"in the kitchen."

the smell got stronger.

"are you making brekkyfast?!" i said excitedly, sitting down at the small wooden table. i swung my legs under the piece of furniture, bouncing in my seat.

"yes i am little mister." i smiled giddily was he set a plate of half scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and a bowl of fruits on the side.

my house was tall and lean, not like regular apartments. everything was either a light wood color or white and it was very simplistic.

"i'll get the butter and jelly!" i screeched, practically running to the fridge.

"after that can you go get the others?" i nodded then realized he couldn't see me with my head shoved in the 'friderator.

"yuh huh." i chirped in response.

i got the supplies for the toast and as i was walking by i kissed his cheek.

"thank youuu!" he blushed and smiled, focused on the pan.

"oh! your phone is plugged in on my side, you forgot it in your backpack." i nodded and bounced up the stairs.

...

i shook my mother awake at the dinner table for the third time.

my sister yawned next to her and i slid a plate over to her, placing a cup of apple juice next to it.

"coffee mommy?" she nodded and rubbed her eyes.

i poured her a little of coffee, then a medium amount of milk then creamer.

she took a whiff and then took a little sip. "kairi! this is fan-fucking-tabulous!"

i blushed at her terminology.

"mommyy!" i rubbed my neck.

"oop," she covered her mouth. "sorry kai."

maiya giggled and scarfed down her fruit.