26

"Call it in" i tell him before rushing upstairs and I grab my bullet proof vest.

"Eden come on!" He shouts

"Alright!" I shout as I run downstairs and it's like Max has just flipped a switch.

He's standing upright, ears forward and he's watching us intensively.

"Max come" I say and we rush out of the house and I shut the door behind me.

"We need backup at the school now" Ethan says though the radio.

I slam the door shut quickly and he speeds off.

"First response heading there now" Will says through the radio

"I have a gun in the back, get it" he says and i reach the gun on the back seat

"We're here" he says and stops the car.

I pass him the gun and I open the door and Max jumps out of the car and I follow him as we all sprint across the car park and into the school.

"Move!" I shout making people move out of the way in the busy corridor and Max barks at them aggressively.

The sound of paws and boots on the floor fills the corridor as it goes silent.

"Get out of the way!" Ethan shouts

"What's going on?" Ella asks as we run down the corridor.

"Here" i say as we walk inside to see everyone greeting each other and my eyes land on Harriet with her family and they are talking to mine.

"Max down" I say lowly and he lies down.

I look to my right to see him.

Ahamid Azizi.

To see him standing there with an explosive vest hidden under his jacket but the red explosives are poking out the top, he also has a gun in his pocket.

"Target confirmed, eyes on" i say lowly through the radio

"I repeat, eyes on target" I state.

I watch him as he watches Harriet with a murderous look on his face, until he turns his head and looks at me with a blank expression on his face.

He points the gun to the ceiling and shoots twice and I drop to the floor automatically.

"Allahu Akbar!" He shouts and everyone screams and drops to the floor.

He rushes towards Harriet and wraps his arm around her neck.

"No!" Her dad cries out trying to pull her back.

"Allahu Akbar!" He shouts

"Jacob!" She whimpers

"Nobody move!" He shouts dragging her onto the stage

"Nobody move! I'll blow this place up!" He shouts

Ethan goes down the side of the hall and I go down the middle slowly, Max at my side.

"Azizi" i begin

"Eden no!" My dad shouts standing up

I look at them all, my families petrified faces and I glance at Casey to see her crying.

"Don't move" i tell them and my dad hesitates, "please"

He nods and I let out a breath before turning my attention to Azizi.

"Azizi, let her go" i tell him calmly taking a few slow steps towards him.

"Jacob please" she cries