Sunsets

*Charlotte's POV*

After hearing Matthew's story and seeing those scars, my mind has been spinning and I've been breathless. We've been walking for hours talking about our personal lives. "Wait, so your dad left when you were how old!?" Matthew exclaimed big eyed. "Four. I-I was four, I believe. I don't remember much about him. Mom says he left for a 25 year old hot blondie." I spat at the last part. He reassuringly took my hand and held it. "Wow. I'm sorry Charlotte, you've been through a lot. With your dad leaving, and all." Matthew gave me an apologetic look. I stared at him for a second my eyes wide. "Oh Matthew, that is nothing compared to the crap YOU'VE been through! Being abused?! Matthew, that's terrible! And your mom tried to rape you! Matthew don't be sorry for me. I'm sorry for you. I promise you i will do something about this, go to your parents-." "Charlotte are you MAD!? You can't do that, you can't go to my parents. They've already hurt me, and would've beat me to my death if I told anyone. But you? They'd kill you, Charlotte! Promise me you won't tell my parents, promise me." He grabbed my shoulders. I looked in his eyes, and they were full of fear and sadness. I sighed. "I promise. But it isn't right." I told him. He let out a breath that looked like he had been holding in forever. Matthew pulled me into his arms and hugged me. I hugged back tight not wanting to let go. My head was barely high enough to reach his chest, partly because he's 6'2 and partly because I'm super short. But it feels so good being able to openly talk to someone about personal issues, that you can't even come to tell your best friend. We were in an abandoned part of the beach, but Matthew was still hesitant. I pulled away a little and looked up at him. "Matthew there's no one here, why so hesitant?" For some odd reason, I half whispered. He smiled and tucked a short piece of hair behind my ear. I closed my eyes and shivered, even though I've never felt more warm. "Because I don't wanna risk loosing you." He whispered back. And within the heat of the moment, he kissed me. It was so sudden and felt so amazing a hitch of a gasp rose then broke in the back of my throat. I was so short he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist, my hands cupping his face. Something about his touch made me melt inside, and made me feel all fuzzy. Hopefully he couldn't tell this was my first kiss, because it was. I never imagined my first kiss to be with a smokin hot almost prince looking guy. Not to mention, I didn't think my first kiss would be with someone who's so good at it. He put me down and I went on my tippy toes to wrap my arms around his neck. "Charlotte, this may be hard to not tell anyone, but I can't keep it back anymore. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, eyes shining bright in the pinkish orange sunset. I smiled and jump a little to kiss his cheek. "Yes."