Chapter 6/Finale

Edward grabs Bella into his arms and takes off. My eyes widen and I look at Seth. He crouches down and I climb onto his back. He runs as fast as he can to the battle site. We make it back before Edward and Bella. Behind the group is a huge fire. Purple, almost black, smoke rises from it. I jump off of his back and kiss his snout before running over to Jasper.

He wraps his arms around my waist and picks me up in a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I missed you, darlin'." He whispers.

"I missed you. I'm so happy you're okay!" I sniff slightly.

He puts me down and looks at my arm.

"I smell the blood. What happened?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Quileute Legends." I smile slightly.

He raises an eyebrow but doesn't say anything else as he nods and wraps one arm 'round my waist, still holding me close. Paul runs over in his wolf form and rubs against my side.

"Hey, Paul." I smile widely and hug his neck. "I'm glad you're okay."

He barks softly and licks my face, causing Jasper and I to chuckle a little. Edward and Bella show up a second later.

"How long?" Edward asks Alice as they walk up to her.

"A few minutes. Maybe ten." She answers.

Bella starts looking around the field.

"They timed their arrival well." Rose rolls her eyes and walks toward me.

"Probably hoping the newborns took a few of us out." He steps next to her.

"What is she doing here?" Edward snaps.

I look to see who he was talking about. A small girl, maybe 14, is standing next to the fire, cowering behind it.

"We offered her a safe haven if she stopped fighting, she took it." Esme says, stepping toward her.

"The pack needs to leave." Carlisle looks at Paul. "The Volturi won't honor a truce with the werewolves."

Paul nods and rubs against me once more before turning away.

"Where's Jacob?" Bella asks, looking for him again.

"There."

Edward points to where the russet wolf was walking out of the trees on the other side of the field. Bella smiles and Jacob starts walking toward us but stops. His head snaps to the side. Everyone's eyes follow him. A straggler newborn runs out from the trees. Leah being the closest runs at him. 

"Leah, don't!" Edward calls out

The newborn maneuvers out of her way, spins and grabs her fur, taking her off her paws. Jacob jumps and leaps onto the newborn, tackling him into the clearing.