six

AN ARROWING pain expensed through my forehead the second I opened my eyes only to find out that I was lying on my bed as the silk bed sheet is shrouded over my body neatly. The twang sounds of a huge horologe floating around the room faintly as I abruptly looked at the wall clock which was in my room.

It's barely six p.m. and I started remembering what just happened back at there. When I perceived that Harry coup me with the glass vase, it only took a few seconds for me to lose my consciousness and land on the ground. I could still remember how Henson ran towards me and picked me up in bridal style while mumbling something. After that I don't remember anything.

I touched my pained area and realised  my wounded forehead was bandaged. I licked my parched lips and endeavor to sit up in my position. I jumped up a little when a maid rushed towards me.

I haven't noticed her existence.

"Mrs. Styles." It was the same oldish maid who took care of Harry yesterday.

I didn't say anything. I sat on my position while rubbing my head. She brought me a glass of water and told me to rest while leaving me in my room alone.

Around five minutes later, Henson showed up in my room wearing a maroon jumper along with skinny jeans. It would be a lie if I say I didn't stare at him for more than ten seconds. These brothers' beauty is soul catching. He smiled with a tendency and sat down beside my legs.

"How are you feeling?" He asked with a caring tone.

"My head is hurting."

"It will be alright in a few days. You got some stitches." I nodded

"I'm sorry Venessa." He spoke looking down as if he was ashamed.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked confusedly.

"I'm talking about Harry." My heart burst in sorrow when I saw his vulnerable face.

"Don't be Henson, Harry didn't do it with his full consciousness. He doesn't even know what's going on around him. It was just an accident."

"But Venessa, it hasn't been two days  since you came here and already Harry is giving you trouble. I'm sorry that I couldn't do anything. You are family and it's my responsibility to take care of you when Harry can't do that."

"Right Henson I'm family. And it's also my responsibility to cope with my new family. It’s  ok." I assured him while touching his hand. He looked at me with glossy eyes of his and it seems like he was in so much affliction.

"We are really lucky to have you, do you know?" He chuckled with a sore face and said which bound me to blush.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked when I remembered something.

"What is it?"

"Where is Harry?" I know you must be thinking I'm a mad woman who wanted to know about her husband who hates her so much that, he didn't hesitate to hit her with a vase. But how much I tried I couldn't do that. He is my husband, I took vows to stay with him for the rest of my life. Either, he likes me or not.

"He is sleeping. After hitting you with the vase he had a panic attack. So, we had to put some drugs in his system. It calms him down. We usually do it when he gets out of control." My heart squeezed at his narrative. I want to cry. God knows best, how much anguish this family has been going through. I wish I could have the power to wipe their pain away.

"By the way, I was wondering about something." Henson changed the topic as I attentively watched him and waited for him to say his next sentence.

"I was thinking about perusing a nanny for him, what do you think?"