Chapter 4: Badass Boyfriend

They now both stood in front of an abandoned warehouse somewhere in Brooklyn. The sun beamed directly over them. Alec could see shadowhunters wandering around the building. He was in shock of what just happened. But he couldn't think about that. He was here to protect Magnus.
Magnus stood there next to the invisible Alec. A smile still stretched across his face. Alec kissed him. In front of his parents, in front of his siblings. The morning had gone by so fast but Magnus will never forget what it felt like. How his boyfriend's eyes glinted with something so determined yet so terrified of what he was doing. How he came closer and Magnus was so oblivious to what was happening, everyone was. Alec had walked fast. The whole morning had gone fast. Then his lips were pressed deeply against Magnus's. Time had stopped then.
Alec's lips had been as warm and soft as ever. His breath was shaky. But this time was different. Something about Alec's whole attitude was so different. He was so... confident. Magnus loved it. All of it. The room disappeared. Magnus knew they were surrounded by Alec's family but Alec ignored them, so, so did Magnus. Magnus didn't even check to see their expressions. He thought that would be a little invasive. Now he could feel Alec's presence next to him. He will have to talk to him about this after the fight. Magnus now become aware of his surroundings. Circle members circled the warehouse. They stopped and stared at Magnus, and where Alec secretly stood as well. They squintered their eyes and slowly came closer. Magnus waved, then held his hands in front of him. They looked confused. He steadied himself. Then magic flowed quickly from his palms, blasting an invisible bubble. The circle members sprinted forward, shouting for others to come. They got closer. Once one came too close, Alec shot her with an arrow. They others stopped stunned. Then they charged faster. Alec shot more arrows, he hit every one of them dead on. It wouldn't be long before more came though. He looked up at Magnus. His forehead was beaded with sweat, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. "I'm almost there." He grunted. He turned his head towards Alec. "Your invisibility is about to wear off. I can't recast it." Alec nodded.
"It's fine, concentrate on the wards." Magnus turned back. Another group of circle members charged towards them, Alec shot half, but the others just ran faster. Soon they were only a foot away from Magnus. Alec leaped in front of him, and stabbed the nearest one. The others seemed only a little fazed. They kept charging. Alec kept stabbing them, one after another. He moved quicker. There was no way Magnus could have done this on his own. Finally, only one was left. He held a shield in front of his torso. This was no problem. Alec backflipped over him and stabbed him in the back right as he landed. The body toppled over and landed and inch away from Magnus. Magnus was sliding backwards slowly, the power of his magic was pushing him. Alec noticed that he was now visible. There were shouts and more circle members streamed out. There were too many of them. Way too many. Alec readied himself. He shot as many as he could but they got closer and closer. He slung his bow over his back and took out his seraph blade once more. He kept stabbing them but they kept coming. Five surrounded him, all welding sharp blades. He could see seven head towards Magnus. Magnus who could not defend himself at the moment. Alec stabbed one and quickly ran through the gap towards Magnus.
"Magnus!" He shouted. "Look out!" Magnus couldn't redirect his magic, he was stuck. Alec sprinted towards him and started fighting. All of a sudden, Magnus's magic burst through the wards. There was a shimmering blue flow of magic that cascaded down the invisible dome of the wards. That was the signal. Streams of shadowhunters cane running to the fight. Alec sighed in relief, he knew he couldn't protect Magnus forever. Magnus. Alec looked around frantically for him. He was already surrounded by people. Circle members and shadowhunters alike. The fight had begun. He pushed through the crowd, stabbing anyone he reconized as a a circle member. He looked ahead. There was a beautiful man supporting himself against a cement pillar. The light cascaded off his sparkling deep green tips of his hair. Magnus. Alec rushed forward. He pushed someone aside then felt a sharp sting on the arm he used to shove them. Warm liquid trickled down. He started walking faster. He tripped on some body, stumbling into another person. He felt another sharp sting, this time on his side. He pushed the person away with his knife. Finally he reached Magnus. He was now leaning against the pillar. "Magnus! Are you okay?!" Magnus's eyes were closed, sweat sliding down his face. He slowly opened his eyes when Alec spoke.
"Yeah, I just used a little too much magic. I'm fine. Just tired." Alec felt relief knowing Magnus hadn't been wounded. But this was no place for him in this state or he would be.
"Here, I'll carry you." Alec stumbled forward next to Magnus. He reached down lifted Magnus by the knees catching him under his arm pits. "We're going to get you out of here." Alec ran through the crowd, tripping circle members who wouldn't get out of their way. Finally they emerged. Alec ran a distance further and stopped to take a breath. Then he ran on through the lesser known streets of Brooklyn to a small dark alley. He lowered Magnus onto a crate. Magnus was breathing heavily. "What can I do to help you?" Alec asked seriously.
"Nothing, it's fine. In a few minutes I can make myself a portal back to my apartment. Go back to the fight. They need you." Alec knew this was true, but he really didn't want to just leave d Magnus here in this state.
"I'll wait with you until you can make the portal." Magnus rolled his eyes but didn't argue. Alec sat on a different crate and breathed. Magnus stared at him.
"Alec I just wanted to say, what you did today, earlier, was really incredible. It was... you were so wonderful." Alec met his eyes.
"Well it kept you alive." Magnus scoffed.
"I could have defended myself."
"You really couldn't have. Do you see yourself now?" Alec guestured.
"I look awsome."
"You look half dead." He did. But he was looking gradually more alive. Magnus laughed.
"Fine." He rolled his eyes. "Maybe I would've looked less awsome without you there." Alec leaned over with his elbows on his knees and nodded. "You, on the other hand, looked very awesome fighting out there. Very, very awsome. So, so hot. With your muscles tightened, stabbing bad guys left and right. BACKFLIPPING OVER ONE TO STAB HIM IN THE BACK. That was really hot." Magnus just breathed the last word. Alec blushed deeply. They sat there for a second. Alec opened his mouth then closed it. He looked around for something to do. If he was doing nothing, then he would have to think about what he did. How he kissed Magnus in front of his family. No. He couldn't think of that. "Well, scraps of my magic are back." Magnus stood up shakily. He swirled his arms and a portal appeared. He glanced over at Alec. "Alexander. Come here." Alec did. Once he was in arms length, Magnus reached out and pulled him close kissing him with all his remaining energy. He lightly chewed on his lower lip. Alec moaned and kissed him back. Magnus pulled away. "Go kill a bad guy for me." All Alec could do was stare into those beautiful glamoured eyes and nod slowly. Magnus smiled and let Alec go, stepping into the portal. Alec stood there for a second before turning to run back to the fight.