60. Cakes and Clay Kittens

-Julia-

-Julia-

When was the last time I felt so overwhelmingly happy that I just wanted to scream and shout and let the entire world know just how incredibly happy I was?

I couldn't remember that... Had I ever felt like this?

Jordan had been out of his room twice now! Twice! He'd been in my study two times! I was almost unable to not cry in happiness from dusk till dawn. Every time I even thought about my baby boy, the emotions took over.

It was so close... He was so close! I could already see us having dinner, going out as a family, and live. Our family had not been living in years... Not the way I always pictured while expecting each of our children.

Every time the negative emotions and my guilt tried to start eating me up, I thought about Blake. My saving angel. That blessed boy who had changed this family... That wonderful man who had brought our family back to life...

I was not letting anyone take him away from me. Blake belonged with us. Once we found his biological family, and if they were good people... I was maybe able to let him go with them. Yes, I was aware of my own insanity every time I refused to even think about letting Blake go with his family, but he belonged with us. He belonged with Jordan.

I had nothing to worry about, of course. The way Blake looked at my son reassured me that he was not going anywhere. He loved Jordan. Nothing could keep him away from my boy, and it was my duty nothing could take him away. Especially the cops.

Blake was not going to prison. I would do whatever it took to fight for his freedom. Blake was innocent! He had no one to turn to! This society had failed him. No one had done anything to get him out of the streets. No one. No one had the right to put him in jail because he was only trying to survive.

Waiting for the test results was nerve-wracking. I became more and more nervous after each passing day because it was taking so long. Why was it taking so long...? I'd tried to ask my lawyer what to expect and when to expect, but he couldn't say much, and asked me to be patient.

Thankfully, I finally got something else to think about.

After getting off from work, I headed straight to that one bakery I had always wanted to visit, but never had the money for, and bought the most beautiful cake they had. I was so excited I felt like I was about to burst!

My company had finally landed a big deal with a big electronics company! The deal was so huge I'd have to hire at least two more people! If they were happy with our work, it would take the stress of finding enough clients to keep the firm running for as long as they wanted us to clean their offices!

My employees' income was finally secured...

That was also thanks to Blake. It wasn't just because his help with paperwork had given me more time to focus on other tasks. He had given me hope and energy and strength to push forward, and taken a lot of stress off my shoulders too. I'd been finally able to do so much more than just the bare minimum, and my company was finally growing.