May 28th, 9:30 pm (Max P.O.V)

-warning. Theres a makeout scene😳😳😳-

"BRANDON WAIT!"

I burst out of the gym to ran the direction Brandon went. Not many people were in the hallway, but I saw some people making tiktoks, making out, and just casually talking.

Along the way I lost him. I was just on his trail a second ago. Well that's I get for not joining any sports I guess-

While running I saw Erin. She looked like she was grabbing something from her locker! I jogged over to her, struggling to breath (wow I'm really out of shape)

Erin turned to me "Oh, hey Max!" She took a good look at me "...are you alright?"

I caught my breath "Y-Yeah..I was just wondering if you say Brandon anywhere..?"

She pointed towards the boys bathrooms "He went in there. Why do you ask?"

"Uh...relationship problems...?" I mean I wasn't wrong was

I jogged over to the boys bathroom at the end of the hall. Before I walked in I had to calmed down and caught my breath.

I actually contemplated just walking away, but I knew I couldn't. I needed and explanation for that kiss...

I opened the bathroom door slowly as I was greeted with the usual stalls. The faint sound of loud pop music played in the background as I quietly walked in. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary except for the pair of shoes I saw inside one of the stalls

Brandon's shoes.

"Uh, Brandon..?" He quickly put his feet up, obviously trying to hide from me.

"Brandon come on I just want to talk-"

"There's nothing to talk about!" He snapped. His voice was slightly shakey, but it was hard to notice.

At this point I was standing in front of the stall he was in. "Come on Brandon I'm not doing this. Open the door..." It was quiet for a while, but I heard the stall door unlock.

"...Do you wanna come out of the stall?"

"No"

"Uh. Ok..."

I slowly opened the stall and saw Brandon sitting on the toilet. His feet were perched onto the set and his arms rested on his knees. He looked to the side obviously trying to avoid eye contact.

I stepped into the stall and closed the door behind me. It was a pretty small space, but there was still breathing room between us.

"...nice place you got here..." I said, trying to lighten the mood and lift the awkwardness

Brandon chuckled a little bit "...Thanks"

Another long pause.

"Look I'm just going to get straight to the point: that kiss in the van. What was that all abou-"

"I'm sorry."

"...huh-"

"I'm sorry I kissed you. I wasn't thinking straight and I just..." Brandon sighed, running his hand through his hair "I've been feeling weird"

What?
"Weird..?"

He kept his head to the side

"Ever since junior year I've felt diffrent about everything with Nikki. She's great but...I dont think I was ever 'in love' with her. At least not how I used to be I'm middle school."

I was confused. They were like, the ultimate power couple. Everyone thought they would get married and live happily ever after.

"But, you're her boyfriend. You kinda HAVE to be in love with her."

"Yeah well I guess I missed a step there."

My head was starting to hurt "Wait, so why dont you break up with her?"

He looked at me for the first time "Because SHE'S in love with me. She thinks we'll be together forever..."

"Well..that's what you get for dating Nikki. She's pretty clingy..."

He chuckled again "Heh, yeah I guess..."

We went quiet again

Brandon broke the silence "And...lately I've been feeling a curtain way for someone else..." he put his feet onto the floor, but was still seated on the toilet.

My face must've reddened a bit, because Brandon laughed a little bit

Brandon spoke again "I uh...assume you know who it is already-"

I didnt wait for him to finish, I just pulled him up to his feet and kissed him. He hit my lips pretty hard so he moaned a little bit hitting them.

At first it stayed like that; just me kissing him, but soon he wrapped his arms around my waist and started to kiss back. I ran my fingers through his messy hair as he started to push me against the stall door.

It felt like my body was on fire- the longer we kissed the more hotter things got.

We went from kissing to me pulling his jacket off to him pushing his tongue into my mouth...

. . . .

"Has anyone seen Brandon or Max anywhere?" Zoey asked