14.Testing the Hero

"I forgot to study," Kaminari shouted. "With the sports festival and internships it slipped my mind." He was ranked 20th, the lowest in the class. Beside was Mina who for some reason had a small smile and was also laughing even though she was ranked 19th. 

"Indeed," Tokoyami muttered.

"We haven't covered many normal subjects so the midterms weren't too hard," Sato said. "But now we had all these other events... the finals are going to be killer."

"Hey guys, let's just do the best we can," Izuku told them. "That way, I'm sure all of us will be able to make it to the summer camp.

"Yes," Iida cried.

"Well you've been coming to class," Todoroki said. "It shouldn't be possible to fail."

"Hey, words hurt you know!"

"Well I could tutor you if you want," Yaoyarozu offered. "Though I may not be the most qualified."

"Hey, can you help me as well," Izuku asked.

"Huh, but aren't you doing pretty well already?"

"Well yeah kinda, but it's good to improve. Besides, Zatoichi Sensei has really been running me ragged almost every day so I don't have as much time to study and I'll like to make the most of that time."

"And can you help me too," Jiro asked.

"I'm struggling with kanji," Sero said.

"And me too," Ojiro piped up.

Yaoyarozu blushed and put her hands to her face, staring in awe. "Yes, of course! You can all come to my place. Tell me, what kind of tea do you like, I can make sure we have it in stock. And I'll have mother make sure the great hall is prepared."

"I know she didn't mean to, but she totally just flexed on us," everyone thought.

"Hey Deku, wouldn't Zatoichi give you some time to study, especially if you ask," Uraraka asked.

"Yeah but I noticed Yaoyarozu seemed a little lacking in self confidence," Izuku whispered. "I thought I'd help by making her feel needed. Besides, this would be better than studying alone, I mean, she is the highest ranked in our class."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

After that, the class was dismissed for lunch and Todoroki, Iida, Izuku, Uraraka, Hagakure, and Tsu. "The academic test will just draw from what we've learned so far. That's manageable, but what about the practical," Izuku asked. "I have no idea how it'll go."

"It's sure to be a comprehensive test of what we've learned so far," Todoroki said softly.

"So in addition to studying we also have to keep in tip top shape," Izuku muttered. He began to say more but was stopped when someone's tray bumped into his head. 

"Ah sorry, my tray just couldn't get around that big head of yours." Standing there, was of course, class b's resident big mouthed asshole Monoma. "Anyway, I hear you guys had a run in with the Hero Killer at Hosu. I guess the sports festival wasn't enough, you just keep getting more attention with one stunt after the other."

Before he could say anymore, he was knocked out by karate chop to the neck. "Thanks Kendo."

"No problem. So I heard you were curious about the practical exam. I heard from some upperclassmen that it'll be a fight against robots like the entrance exams."

"Ah I see, and this is not against any rules," Iida muttered. "You were simply gathering information."

"Why did you have to tell them," Monoma asked. "Now we've lost our advantage."