Chapter 5

I looked at Jeremy and shook my head, "Jeremy I don't need your blood it's fine." 

His eyes widened a bit.

"I can see why Phil was talking about her so much." He mumbled under his breath.

He looked up and smiled, "Thank you Midnight." He gave a tiny bow, "I'll take my leave then."

I smiled and gave a tiny wave, watching him leave. 

I crumpled the note and tossed it into the trash can that was lying a couple of feet away. 

I need to have a talk with James, but where is he?

I don't know how to describe what I did. A small tingle resonated through my head, like a wave reaching out. It called out to James, locating him on its own. I could feel his surprise from my voice entering his head.

He arrived in five seconds flat, knocking on my door just before entering. At least he knocked...

"Midnight, how did you control telepathy that fast? It's already unusual that you can hear thoughts, but now you have telepathy? Unheard of." He was going off on a tangent, blurting out whatever came to mind.

Eventually, he snapped out of his rant and focused on me, "You still look pale, did you have Jeremy's blood?"

"No, I didn't have Jeremy's blood, I don't need it," I said firmly, "But I did call you here to tell you about the dream I had." 

He either didn't hear me speaking or chose to ignore it.

"Midnight, you need blood. You might not realize how vital it is to your cells. This morning when I woke you up, I could only smell your blood, with that knowledge, and the amount of blood I saw, It's astonishing that you're able to stand at this point." He let out a huge sigh, "The last time someone rejected blood, they went on a rampage and killed almost fifty people in a short time span."

"James, I'm sorry, but I will not drink blood unless I feel as though I absolutely need it. I don't need you to tell me when to drink blood, and in case you missed it the first time," I paused to make sure that I had his attention, "I have to tell you why I think I was drenched in blood this morning." I poked his chest along with each word. 

I saw the defeat in his eyes.

I turned around and pulled the collar of my shirt down a little, exposing my neck. James inhaled sharply in response. I let go and turned back. 

"I had a nightmare. I was being attacked by this huge black thing, it dug its claws into my back and its teeth into my neck. That light that you saw, I think I released it."

"What do you mean 'you released it'?" James interrupted. 

"When I felt its claws go deeper and it's teeth in my neck, I felt a desperate need to live and that's when the light erupted. When I saw what happened after the light disappeared, there were tufts of black fur everywhere." 

His expression didn't show anything, but I could hear his thoughts stirring inside, trying to figure out how a nightmare could affect someone in reality. His final decision was to go see Marcus.

I asked James why we had to take a car when we could just walk. His reply was a bit vague, and only said that Marcus was at the theatres.

"If he's at the theatre, won't we be disturbing his movie?" I couldn't help but laugh a little. 

"Night, this is a much more pressing matter. A witch may be at work with a werewolf." 

Did he just call me Night? Wait, did he say witch and werewolf? How many fables and stories were true?

"Shit, I forgot something. Stay here I'll be back in a few seconds." He disappeared before I could say anything. 

A few seconds passed, and before I knew it, there was an excruciating pain in my lower abdomen. It felt like fire coursing through my veins, through my blurry vision I saw something black dart into the tree line. Black like the dream...  

I felt foggy.

"Night? Midnight?"

Someone was shaking me.

"James?" My voice was broken and I was sure I sounded like a toad. 

"Midnight, I need to pull that stake out, but you have to be conscious. Stay awake okay, keep your eyes open."

I didn't say anything, but my weak head nodding was enough for him. I felt the stake pull out just a little, but it felt like poison was spreading from where the stake had made contact. James was watching my reaction. When all I did was wince, he thoroughly pulled it out. 

I doubled over in pain. Remind me to watch out for things with stakes, because this hurts like a bitch. The burning sensation was still there and I stayed bent over for a few minutes until I was finally able to sit up a little straighter. Once my vision cleared, all I could see was James's eyes filled with concern. 

"James?" 

When he was about to ask me something, I slapped him on the head. 

"Couldn't you have been a little more gentle!" 

His head hit the steering wheel, I must have hit him a little harder than intended.

"Ouch woman, couldn't you be a little more gentle?" He asked sarcastically rubbing his head.

"Sorry." 

He sat back up and just stared at me. 

"What?" 

"How are you feeling?" 

"Are you kidding me, James? I was just staked, and you pulled it out. How do you think I'm feeling?" 

"You're right, you could have been killed."

"Well, if you say so. But it burnt like crazy. Other than that I'm fine." I checked my stomach, "Yeah fine. I'm fine." 

At the time James was looking around, looking into the tree line trying to find whatever stabbed me. But me saying I felt fine, made his head snap back towards me. I'm surprised his neck didn't break. 

His hand was starting to pull up my top, but I slapped his hand and started yelling at him. 

"What are you doing? Why are you lifting my top up?!" I yelled in surprise. "You're acting like a cabbage." 

James's face cracked into a grin. 

"Did you call me a cabbage?" 

I thought over my words, shit I did call him a cabbage. 

I nodded meekly at him. 

"Wait, your wound is gone. That was a wooden stake, it would take a few days for it to heal completely. Night, we have to see the King. Now."

"Why?"

"I don't think you're an ordinary vampire."

___________

Authors Note:

I'm currently re-editing the chapters and making the storyline and some info more coherent so that it's better to read.