CHAPTER THIRTY

Bahk drew his gun, the officers at his back doing the same as they approached the front door carefully. Once everyone was in position, the detective banged on the door, annoucing his presence.

"Police, open the door!"

No response.

"Police, open the door now, or we'll break it down! This is your final warning!"

Nothing.

At the detectives signal, the officers took a hold of the battering ram, slamming it repeatedly into the door. It didn't take more than four hits for the door to give way allowing, both officers and detective, inside, guns drawn and ready.

The place was small, practically one room.

And it was empty.

"Shit." Bahk quickly pulled out his phone.

"Kim."

"He's not here."

"Shit! I'm almost there, ETA ten minutes."

"I'll meet you there."

Giving quick orders to the officers, Bahk quickly climbed into his car and sped down the street, pushing his car to it's limit.

"Please, let us get there first."

~❇~

The building loomed before Jae, growing bigger the closer he drew.

He was almost there.

Images of Jungkook and his hyungs flashed through Jae's mind, a slideshow of happy memories filled with laughter and love.

Tears welled in the corner of his eyes, but he harshly wiped them away. He didn't have time to cry.

Jungkook's face remained stuck in Jae's mind, his bunny smile on full display it crinkled his nose.

The very smile his hyungs loved.

That smile made them happy.

That boy, made them happy.

Made them happy in a way Jaekuk could not.

He knew that now.

Jae reached the front door of the complex before it could close behind the man that exited the building, and ran toward the stairs, bypassing the elevator, as it would only slow him down, only one thought on his mind...getting to Jungkook first. He heard the voice of the security officer yelling at him to stop, but he ignored it.

He was close.

So close.

He wasn't stopping, not now.

"I'm coming Jungkook, I'm almost there."

He clenched his jaw tightly as he reached stairwell door of the floor that housed BTS, and the boy that clouded his mind.

"I'm here."

~❇~

Detective Kim bolted from his car and raced to the entrance. He pressed the security button in order to gain entrance, but there was no response.