Chapter 5

AN: the bold belongs to WritersBlock039 not me.

"Rebecca!"

"Oh crap."

Everyone turned to where Rebecca was as they heard the scream of anger from down the hall, but she was gone.

"She takes after you too much sometimes," Laurel said to Malcolm, who shrugged in response.

"What'd she do this time?" Alex said.

"It may not have been her this time," Rose said slowly, making her parents turn to her slowly. "Look I didn’t mean to do it."

"Bullshit!"

"I didn't!" Rose defended herself.

"What did you do?" Alex said in a low voice.

"I… may have… accidentally… set one or two chairs on fire," Rose said.

"Why!?!?!?"

"It was an accident," Rose shrugged.

"Bullshit!"

"It was!!"

"You know what, just sit there quietly and do nothing," Alex told Rose, making her frown.

Kara Danvers

“Ooo, this smells like coffee heaven,” Winn inhaled as the five Earth-38ers entered Jitters that night.

"It is."

“Iris used to work here,” Kara informed him as they walked towards the back, where the rehearsal dinner was taking place.

“What is she now?” James asked.

“Uh, reporter,” Kara answered, then stopped when Lena put a hand on her arm. “What?”

“Your glasses,” Lena held out her hand. “Give me.” 

Agent Danvers high-fived Lena grinning.

“What?” Kara blinked, surprised. “Lena – !”

“Trust me,” Lena smirked. “OK?”

Kara closed her eyes, then sighed and took her glasses off, handing them to Lena. “Here. Happy?”

“I’ll be even happier when I see Oliver choke on whatever he’s drinking or eating,” Lena answered cheerily.

Ollie sighed in annoyance, making Thea grin and say, "I guess that happens a few times?" making Ollie sigh and nod, causing Thea to cackle.

Kara blushed as they continued on their way. “The goal is to see how long we can keep a secret from Barry! Not make it blatantly obvious!”

“You did see what color you’re wearing, right?” Alex smirked.

Kara gritted her teeth, well aware she was wearing emerald green. “Alex. Not. Helping.”

"Wasn't trying to help," Alex said.

“Oh, please,” Lena rolled her eyes. “Oliver’s reaction is probably going to be tame.”

Kara sighed. “Let’s get this over with.”

Barry Allen/Oliver Queen

“Did the Superfriends get lost or something?” Cisco asked, looking around the room as friends and family milled about, most of them grouped in the center when they noticed one particular group wasn’t there.