Chapter 4: Little Bits of Trouble

I walk into the house shutting the door behind me. The bang echoes through the room, OK, I slam the door. Tamping down my frustrations, I walk to my room and see one of the boys thrashing around. The others are trying to calm him down but he just starts crying harder. I walk over and sit on the bed as the pups huddle around me. I pick the boy up and start rocking him. My hands rub his back as he stops thrashing and starts to calm down. As soon as he's back asleep I lay him back down and the others scootch closer to him. One big puppy pile. I smile and walk out of the room. I turn back on the monitor as I walk out the front door. I shut it and look up to see Griff and Bane standing there, heads lowered. I roll my eyes as I walk up to them.

"Don't even think of apologizing to me if you don't know why I'm mad. It'll just piss me off more." Bane looks up at me first.

"Aren't you mad because we fought each other?" I laugh.

"Why? You didn't do it in front of the kids and I fight them all the time." Bane glances to Griff who is also staring at me. I shrug.

"I'm the one that got kidnapped. I'm the one that has mates. I'm the one who's life has taken a complete u-turn, again and yet I'm the one who's breaking up the fight." I stop and press my hands to my face a moment and take a deep breathe before opening my eyes to look at them. "Did it occur to either one of you that maybe I'm not just trying to stay away from you? That maybe I'm keeping you away from me? That maybe the people I think should be safe is you?" I push past them and walk over to the main house. Sometimes life is just a bitch.

..........

I watch Rocko set the plate of food in front of him. I look down at it warily it looks OK but looks can be deceiving. I point at the food.

"Nym didn't help right?" Rocko chuckles and Nym groans while Ax protests.

"I could have cooked, chickie." I roll my eyes and look at my twin.

"The kitchen's still here." He places his hands on the counter and leans into me, his black eyes staring into mine

"I'm not that bad." I lean into him so our noses are touching.

"You burnt down the kitchen." He groans and sits down with a huff causing me to laugh.

"You can eat bro but you can't cook. I almost died." Rocko stays silent as he sets out plates while Nym walks over to me. His dyed black hair is past his shoulders and his hazel eyes are lined with black eyeliner but other than that and the black outfit he doesn't look like he had when we were young. His body has filled out and he's built himself up from the scrawny teen to a muscular man. I stare at him and he stares at me before I look down and pick up a fork to take a bite of my food.

I take several more bites as I see Twizzle walk into the room and I almost choke of my food. I eye him up and down as I choke on my eggs. Holy shit, when did he get huge? Like 7 ft tall with muscles to match. I glance at his bright red hair as I take a sip of water. At least his hair is the same. He looks at me and I grin at him.

"Twizzle, your hair's longer." He reaches back and grabs the end of his hair so I can see its in a braid down his back. Griff and Bane walk in behind him and Twizzle whirls as Bane laughs at him.

"Twizzle? I'm so calling you that from now on." Twizzle glares at me and I shrug.

"It's not my fault mom named you Twizzle. I didn't know you go by anything else." I notice no one else is showing up so I glance to Rocko, who makes a circle in the air. They're running perimeter. I glance at Twizzle's black cargo pant's and black t-shirt and realize that all of them are dressed the same. I push my plate away as I sit back to look at Rocko.