Chapter 13: You Are Not Her

Hey, Cupid:

We should choose the love that we deserve, right?

~-~

Yuri's POV

Today is the start of our University Week so everybody is busy tending to the program/booth/activities that they had planned beforehand.

As for me, the organization that I have joined, specifically the student council of our college would be having our booth tomorrow.

Right. I was voted as the secretary of the college council. My friendliness and the way I exude comfortable vibes (according to the people I always talk with) probably made me won the position. I only joined one organization (be proud of me) because Chae said that even though it's just a single body, the college council handles all events and activities that is related with the same and me handling one of the highest positions entails a lot of responsibility so I should just focus myself on that. I think that was very reasonable so I just agreed to what she said.

Speaking of Chae, the next day after our encounter in her condo unit, the Kims have contacted her saying she doesn't have to leave her place anymore and that she could still keep everything that she had with the assurance that she would still receive the inheritance in accordance with the initial contract that she signed.

"You didn't have to do that, you know."

"What? I did not do anything, though." I told her faking my ignorance. It wasn't entirely a lie though. It was my parents who did all the work after all.

"I know you pulled some strings, you don't have to hide it from me, Yul." She said, looking at me suspiciously.

"Let's just say I did. Pero ang mahalaga ngayon, you're free to do what you want to do again. And the next time you'd encounter another problem, be sure to tell me, alright?" I said, catching her eyes.

"Alright. As if I could ever hide something from your detective radars." She teased me.

"Yeah, whatever, Chae." I rolled my eyes jokingly at her.

Going back to the present, I tried asking my orgmates if I could help them with something since I don't have anything to do today except to attend Hyewon's performance in her club. They told me, however, that I've already done so much and that I should just enjoy myself today since I'll be the main character of the booth that we had prepared for tomorrow.

I just roamed around the campus to see the booths and I've enjoyed doing so because I get to meet some of my acquaintances and have a little chat with them as I move from one to another. There were booths about food and drinks (that I'd really enjoyed the most), there were some that are offering services such as dedicating a song or a letter to the one you want to convey your feelings with, there were planetariums, karaoke booths and many others.

I was just amazed because this isn't even the half of the activities for the U-week. In order to give all the classes and organizations the chance to execute their planned activity, each were given a scheduled date to which they will use a particular classroom to do whatever booth they wanted to establish. This is just the first day and yet I've already seen many interesting booths.

I looked at my watch and I realized it's only fifteen minutes before Hyewon's performance so I decided to come to the venue early to secure myself a seat.

I arrived at such a cozy place. They were playing a familiar song in the background. 'Hmmm...Ben&Ben? Did Hyewon perhaps suggest this playlist?'

It was a café with all the tables and chairs placed in inside and a mini stage in front which is perhaps the place where their members would perform their written piece.