Lacuna

Legend:
(Y/N) - Your Name
(C/N) - Crush's Name
(E/C) - Eye Color
(C/FC) - Crush's Favorite Color

===========================

Lacuna
/ləˈk(y)o͞onə/

Noun

an unfilled space or interval; a gap.

===========================

(Author's POV)

(C/N): (Y/N), we need to take a break.

(Y/N): W-What?

This was NOT what you were expecting when (C/N) wanted to talk to you after school. You two have been boyfriend and girlfriend for over half a year, and it was everything you ever wanted.

However, I guess this wasn't the case for (C/N).

(C/N): I just feel like we need some distance from each other for now. I'm sorry (Y/N)...

(Y/N): W-Wait! Was it something I did?! I'm sorry, I promise that I'll do better!

(C/N): It's not you (Y/N)... It's me. Please forgive me.

(Y/N): T-This doesn't mean we're done r-right?

(C/N): ...I don't know.

(Y/N): ...

You felt as the entire Earth was crumbling upon you, crushing you under it's weight, and then God was jumping on the rubble just to add on to it. (C/N)'s eyes went emotionless as she turns around, getting ready to leave.

(C/N): Goodbye, (Y/N)...

She then runs off onto the sidewalk, leaving you standing there with a shocked and sorrowful expression. Even though you and (C/N) didn't officially "break up", it still hurted you to know that she probably almost lost the feelings she had for you.

Your bright (E/C) eyes turned into a darker and duller color. Rain clouds started to form as you started slowly walking home.

You didn't feel anything. All those feelings such as happiness, sadness, anger, disgust, and fear became void, as if they didn't even exist. It was a good thing both of your parents are on a honeymoon on the other side of the world, because if they saw you in this state, they're gonna go ballistic.

(scene break)

A two weeks passed by, and honestly though, (C/N) wasn't handling the situation any easier than you.

When she woke up every morning, she was expecting a kiss on a cheek, breakfast already made for her, or a sweet "Good Morning". However, she got a whole load of nothing.

She never knew how to properly cook either. So unfortunately, she doesn't know how to properly make pancakes, fry bacon, or even cook eggs. Usually you make her a delicious hot breakfast every morning, which she never got tired of, but with you gone... Yeah you get the picture.

And concerning her time at home, it has gotten... Pretty dull to say the least.

When you were with her, you would always bring your Nintendo Switch to her house and play hours upon hours of videogames. Either that, or you two will be cuddled up while watching some entertaining anime while eating some pizza you ordered.

If you both weren't cooped up in either of your houses, then you would take her somewhere to go to enjoy yourselves. But now it's just her eating microwavable foods, watching TV, doing more homework, and sleeping more.