1.

I lied to him the first time we spoke,
perhaps that wasn't a good start to whatever came next but if i hadn't lied maybe things would've never got to wherever it went.

September 7th 2016

"I'll be honest with you, I think you're prepared for this class. Six years in a row! You've been winning Milbrooks short story contest since you were 11." The teacher flipped through my awards that my old school had kept. It was quite weird to have someone mention your achievements. Too awkward to say thank you and too self conscious to just say 'dude this is my record I know I do pretty well'. Mr.Levi continued to flip through. "Attended Milbrooks private school for girls, 3.8 GPA throughout all 3 years. 7 published works in the Milbrooks post... were you seriously doubting your acceptance to this class?"

I wasn't, I simply didn't want to do it.

"I'm not sure, seeing you only accept 10 students yearly made me a bit uneasy, especially since the senior program is the hardest to get into." I had done my research on the student website. I saw it said they had the best public school reputation for the Creative Minds Program.

He shook his head, "I have a spot for you already so are you in?" He wasn't the typical teacher, he was closer to my age then the rest of the teachers here. He has light blue eyes and blonde hair, he reminded me of my brother.

Colby left the second he graduated, I don't blame him, I just wished he took me with him, or at least left some sort of contact information. He always left for months, ever since I was 12. He'd leave all summer and come back for school, then left again during our holiday breaks. He only slept in the house, he was almost never there. And he never took me anywhere with him.

He was like mom, mom always popped in when she wanted to, usually just to drop off a check to my bitter father. Perhaps I should be bitter, she decided to leave us when I was 9, Colby was 13. She remarried and now has two kids besides us. She still pays for everything for me, but it stopped and that's why I'm here. In public school.

I couldn't complain though, I was sick of the scenery in that school. Tired of all the girls there. Colby was always in public school, I even passed a basketball team photo with him in the middle holding the basketball. I smiled to myself. I might need to see his old coach for whatever pictures he has. Colby stopped taking family pictures when mom left. Me and Dad tried a year later.

Then dad met Sofia and that stopped. I'm sure another factor of Colbys absence has to do with Sofia's presence, what a rotten woman.

I sighed being snapped back into reality. "Um, you know what... Just send my counselor an email, I can take on one more class" I look at the clock seeing that period one starts in 10 minutes and I seriously needed to find the class. I bent down and grabbed my bag.

The teacher smiled, "Phenomenal, I'll do that, We meet period 4." I returned the smile and walked out of the classroom.

Time to explore this confusing ass building.

I observed the numbers on the doors, 256, 258, 260.

Bingo, 262.

It seemed that the teacher hadn't even arrived yet considering there were a few students outside the door. I stood near but next to any of them not wanting to particularly intrude whatever the group seemed to talk about. I was able to observe the faces one with the prettiest brown skin and brown eyes with a small curly fro. Another with beautiful curves and a bright smile.

They hadn't noticed me but I wish they did. It was typical feeling of wanting a friend. In the private school all of the girls looked similar, many lacked personality while others had so much but seemed so untouchable that I never got close.