2.

It's the the 5th day of school and I still haven't started my project.

"His partner last year did the same thing, they were miserable and produced the worst project I've ever seen. I understand he could be difficult but I studied both of your work this summer, you have the capability to create the best project." Mr. Levi scrolled through his computer, opening my online portfolio I shared with him this summer. He clicked on a tab where Harry's photography website was, "Look at this! Call him up and write about it, base your project around the story behind this photo." It was the image that captivated me, the boy at the table. "You have his number don't you?"

I shook my head, yesterday went sour. I had been sheltered to any criticism to my work, I slept on his words. A part of me agreed with his comment, another part of me, my pride, walked me to Mr. Levi's office and demanded a new partner.

Mr. Levi started writing down his number on a post it note. "Call him when you go home alright? Set up a meeting today you need to start with a draft, there's no time for arguments."

I just pressed my lips together in defeat and grabbed the piece of paper, "Alright... Thanks for the advice!" I grabbed my book bag and walked out. I was hoping to leave with a new partner but beggars can't be choosers, at least I have a spot in this class.

"Shit advice." I mumbled once I turned the corner.

Walking out of the front steps of the school Connor caught my eye. I sped up my steps to meet with him. When I caught up I tapped his shoulder he was startled. "Oh hey Aaliyah." He greeted me with energy like usual.

"Hi, do you have Harrys address. I really need to speak to him." I shoved my hands in my sweater pocket, it was already muggy outside and it was only a few days since summer ended. I would call him but I know he'd never pick up.

Connor raised his eyebrows, "He never has us at his house, I'd just suggest you call him. Do you want me to call him... do you need him here? I'm sure he's still in the building." He pointed back at the building.

I bit my lip, feeling a tang of nervousness. My eyes darted to the school and back to Connor, "Yeah... Um yeah just ring him please."

If he comes over today I'd have to sneak him in through the back door so Sofia's camera didn't catch him. Speaking of Sofia, maybe I should answer her many texts. She has such an unbearable personality that just reading her texts knocks my day.

I opened up my phone as Connor spoke with Harry.

"Yes! We're at the main entrance... I don't care what you think about Aaliyah- that's fucking rude Harry."

I don't even want to know what he just said about me.

Wait, I do. "What did he say about me?" I asked after changing my mind. I know i'm better off not hearing it.

"He said he didn't want to deal with you." Connor mummers. I frowned, I didn't want to deal with him either but I wouldn't say it out loud. "Oh there he is" I turned my head to see Harry walking down the steps, I hadn't seen him all day, he had skipped every class I had with him, it was quite petty. We had one interaction and he's letting it affect everything in his day.

He was dressed like he always was, but still looked attractive. His eyes met mine and immediately were filled with annoyance. He glanced quickly after at Connor when saw me. He started approaching us, a black eye coming into view when he got to us. I raised my eyebrows and looked at my feet, avoiding eye contact.

"Did you change partners?" He asked immediately, a Hello might've been nice. Whatever.

I looked up at his face, he definitely could use some sleep and maybe some coverup for that bruising eye. I furrowed my eyebrows, "Trust me I tried and there's no way. We need to start, like today." I pointed over at my baby blue bike on the rack next to 4 other bikes. One girl stood at the bike rack looking at her lock on the floor, tears in her eyes.