Three

Later that night, as Sophie lay in bed, she closed her eyes and smiled in the darkness at Keefe's silly words. Maybe she was secretly hoping she'd never have to grow up any more than she already had.

"Have a good afternoon?" Biana asked in the darkness. She flicked on one of the smaller lamps, making her face luminous in the darkness. 

"Mm. How about you?" 

"Mm, isn't exactly an answer. And oh, you know me," Biana smiled. "Shopping makes me happy. Seriously though, what's got your mood down? If it's Fitz and the boys, just let me know, and I can strangle them. They're so annoying sometimes."

"They had pranked me today," Sophie mumbled. "I just had a bad day, Bi." 

"I'll get them for you," Biana smiled and turned off the light. "By the way, you're smiling and sound angry. Smile and genuinely be happy," She yawned quietly. "It looks good on you."

"You too," She replied as she drifted off to sleep.

Early the following morning, Sophie crawled out of bed and decided to go grocery shopping. She threw on a baggy sweatshirt and brushed her hair hastily, hoping her brush could take the chunky knots out.

She quickly scarfed down a cheese sandwich, slipped on some shoes, and headed out the door. The morning air tickled her face, and it was a bit chilly. Autumn was on its way.

Sophie pulled the hood over her head as she strode off campus and made her way to the nearby store. 

She pulled down her hood when she opened the door and grabbed a basket. Sophie walked down each aisle and grabbed fruits and things she and Biana needed. She yawned as she trudged down each aisle.

Sophie then tripped, sending her groceries spewing across the cold ground, the basket thudding with a clang. She had somehow landed on her back which wasn't bad. Sophie sat up, rubbed the back of her head, turned, and spotted two pairs of eyes. "Hey, Fitz, Keefe," she acknowledged the two. "We've seen each other an awful lot lately," She plastered on a smile as she got to her knees.

Fitz gave her a hand up and his signature smile, making her blush. Keefe wiggled his eyebrows. "We do stay on the same campus," he noted. 

Sophie got up and dusted herself off, mentally scolding her clumsiness. "True, true. Maybe we can hang out later this week? I've been a bit busy."

They said a quick goodbye, and she hurried off, ready for a peaceful, person-free day. 

Sophie was back in the dorm in a matter of minutes, leaving her to study on her own.

She spent hours and hours working, eating, and studying. But her mind kept wanting to wander. Why did Keefe know so much about the bracelets? Did any of her friends find true love?

Sophie shook her head, making the thoughts disappear. She would make things up to her friends. She still felt horrible about the party. 

"Sophie, loosen up!" Biana had burst into the room and tapped her shoulders. She didn't know what time it was, but what she did know was that she had fallen asleep. "Dex is right. Take a break," She chided. 

"And you need to take care of the boys for me. I'm taking up your offer," Sophie complained as she sat down beside Biana. "Well, just not Dex. Ugh, I'm seeing Keefe everywhere these days."

Biana chuckled as she plopped down on a comforter and painted her nails a bright purple. "Remember, I've lived with Fitz. But, Keefe is another story," She admitted.

"We're planning to do something together," She replied, sitting up straighter. "We haven't done something nice in a while. Like, normal, I mean."

"Ooh, let's go to the movies! You can't go wrong with a movie and popcorn," She smiled. And Sophie had to agree. "But before we do anything, I think you should go on a walk or something. No offense, but you're looking pretty rough. Leave it all to me. I've got your back." 

"Thanks, Bi," Sophie gave her a meek smile. "I'm luckier than I should be, you know."

Biana waved it off and winked, her teal eyes sparkling.