Epilogue

Sophie and Keefe sat down at a cafe, beaming. No, they weren't ordering tables for two anymore.

"Mommy! Mommy! Can I have the doughnut? Pretty please!"

"Oh, Eva," Sophie lamented, brushing a few strands of her blonde hair out of her face. "I suppose so."

"I'll go get her one," Keefe offered, rising and taking Eva's hand. Eva's blonde hair was especially poofy today, and she stood there with a cheeky grin, just as Keefe used to. Her ice-blue eyes were bright and excited as she jumped up and down.

Edaline and Grady were quite happy for her when she married Keefe Sencen. But, they were every more ecstatic when they had found out that she'd be having children. Eva had been her first child, but another was soon on their way.

Keefe and Eva came back a few minutes later. Eva bit into the treat and got crumbs and icing all over her face as she plopped back into her cushioned chair.

"Daddy, don't look at Mommy so gushy wushy. Eww." She made a face. Eva was a character, that was for sure. She flashed them a quick smile, then went back to eating.

The lights in the cafe illuminated her features and plant-lined the windows let sunlight stream in and onto the table. She peered at the heart design in her coffee and looked at the drawing her daughter had drawn for them earlier that day.

"I love you, Keefe Sencen," Sophie glanced up, smiled, and leaned back. "And you too, of course." She tapped Eva's nose.

Keefe grinned, sipping his coffee. Wisps of steam floated into his face. Maybe love wasn't so terrible. 

Eva licked a dollop of frosting off her finger. "Besides chocolate, you're my favourite."

Keefe leaned over and tickled her, making her giggle and almost fall out of her seat. Sophie laughed along, not caring if anyone stared at them. 

It was true— family would always be there in the end.

She had a loving, happy family.

And she loved them very much.

A/N: Yes. It's over ;( I enjoyed writing this and all of the support really warmed my heart.

Thank you so much for reading this story <3