.2

ALL FOR US
"
ITALY"

BEFORE THE near end of the world, Lonnie had always wanted to go to Italy

BEFORE THE near end of the world, Lonnie had always wanted to go to Italy. It looked absolutely breathtaking and it was a huge difference than the streets of New York, but it was a good different. Now that she was actually here, Lonnie couldn't help the excitement that had broken free from her usual routine of feeling nothing. 

The cool breeze from the water blew against Lonnie's skin as they flowed down the canal in the boat. But the sights they had seen when the first began the ride quickly turned into housing and then finally a hotel that Lonnie was sure was sinking. 

The place was under heavy construction and the rotting on the wood outside was as clear as day, not to mention, it stunk. With the first step inside Lonnie concluding calling this place was a complete understatement. The place was utterly disgusting. The moment she step through the door she was met with a splash of the sheet of water that covered the entire first floor. Mold covered some of the wooden stairs as well as areas on the walls.

"This place is sinking." The guy who had made fun of Peter, Lonnie learned is called Flash, said.

"I think you mean charming." Mr. Harrington corrected.

"Okay everybody. Drop your bags off, we're gonna meet at the Da Vinci museum at 3. Let's go." The other teacher who came along, Mr. Dell, said aloud.

Lonnie watched as people all scurried to grab a key, claiming their roommate almost instantly. But Lonnie knew nobody and figured nobody would want to room with a stranger so her plan was to just wait until everyone had a key and then pray there were enough rooms left for her to have her own. That is until MJ came up to her.

"Hey, do you want to room together?" 

Lonnie was taken back slightly by the gesture but quickly recovered, a smile growing on her face as she nodded her head. "I'd like that."

"Great. Follow me." She said as she began to walk up the stairs, Lonnie hot on her trail. "I'm Michelle by the way, but my friends call me MJ."

"I'm Lonnie." 

The room the two girls would be sharing wasn't much of an upgrade from downstairs. The room was crammed, like crammed crammed. The two beds alone took up basically the entire space along with a small dresser in the back and a sink that had a huge crack in the center. But Lonnie figured at least the lack of water on the floor was a good thing. She her dumped her suitcase on the she'd claimed bed and noticed the window to their room had a giant hole in it.

"Wanna ditch this dump?" MJ asked.

"Please." Lonnie eagerly nodded her head.

──────── ∘°❉°∘ ──────── 

Entering the city sent a thrill of excitement through Lonnie. The place was absolutely stunning with the architecture and the vibrant colors that popped in certain areas. For once in a long time, Lonnie felt happy. She felt at peace. Well, almost at peace. The pigeons at her feet and on top of MJ's arms and shoulders made her feel a little freaked out.