.9

ALL FOR US
"
NIGHT MONKEY"

NOT MANY people can outrun Lonnie Romanoff

NOT MANY people can outrun Lonnie Romanoff. While she is only seventeen and has a lot to learn, Lonnie is one of the best detectives many would ever come across. She was good at picking out key details on the fly, very good in fact. She could be chasing a man through the streets and find him from a fallen piece of clothing or even the tiniest of footprints. But Peter Parker had somehow just disappeared

For nearly fifteen minutes Lonnie walked aimlessly through the carnival. She had examined almost every face she had come across and peeking into every alleyway and hidden spot there could be. But she would find no sign of Peter Parker. There were no footprints, no fallen clothing, no open doors, no nothing. It was almost like he was just swept off the ground.

"Lonnie? Lonnie!" Lonnie whipped around at the sound of her name being called to see both Ned and Betty walking towards her. "See babe, I told you she went to the carnival."

"What are you guys doing here?" Lonnie asked as she sent a questioning glance at the two. 

"Well we came to have fun of course." Betty smiled as she clung to Ned's arm. "Right, Babe?"

"Yeah." Lonnie could see the panic within Ned's eyes and took note of the way his voice wavered. To the naked eye he looked stressed out, but to Lonnie, he looked scared shitless. "Yeah, fun."

"What's wrong?" Betty asked, she herself finally taking not of the worried expression on Ned's face. But her interest in her fears were cut very short as something in the crowd caught her eye, then another, and then another. 

"You know, honestly, I just...I-I don't do well with big crowds, so maybe we should all--."

A wide grin formed on Betty's face as her eyes locked onto something behind Lonnie. "I have the perfect thing." She cut Ned off as she linked her free arm around Lonnie's. "Come on."

"Hey, whoa..." Lonnie tried to pull her arm free from Betty but she was surprised to be met with an iron grip from the girl as she all but dragged Lonnie and Ned forward towards the ferris wheel. "Look as fun as this seems, I've really got to find somebody."

"Really? Who?" Betty asked as she looked to Lonnie.

"A friend, from my old school." Lonnie lied almost too perfectly. "He also happens to be in Prague on a trip with his family."

"Aww, that's so cute." Betty sing sang as she continued to drag them towards the ferris wheel. 

"Yeah." Lonnie nodded, still trying to tug her arm free in the nicest way possible. "So could you maybe, let go?"

"Oh, just come on one ride with us." Lonnie figured it was meant to be a suggestion but the determination in Betty's eyes as they reached the Ferris wheel told Lonnie that she was not getting out of this. "I want to hear all about this boy."