.19

ALL FOR US
"
RESOLVE"

THERE USED to be a time in Lonnie's life where she would have wanted to live forever

THERE USED to be a time in Lonnie's life where she would have wanted to live forever. As a child, she never believed she'd ever actually grow up. Sure, she knew that as every year went past she was getting older. But she never imagined having to live a life where she's away from guardians, where she has her own job. She just thought it would all...end before that time came. But as Lonnie grew older and the realization of the near future finally dawned upon her, she found herself wishing for more time. Although, time can be a funny thing, can't it? It's something we all crave as a human race, it's something everyone desires. But it is also what we use the worst. 

The truth of the matter is; If you live forever, everything will mean nothing. The moments in your life now are special because they are timed. You won't live forever. It's a fact that some of us find hard to face, it is something that we rarely ever think about. But perhaps the most wondrous thing in life is knowing you're timed and living like it. "You only live once" is a saying often said but more often ignored. But it's time, it's time to start living. It is time to take in everything the world has to offer no matter the risk or people you could possibly let down. You have to start thinking of yourself as the main character because this life is your story. Now it all depends on you whether your story will be one filled with freedom and joy or regrets of what could have been. So go live your life, go do whatever the fuck you want. Because life shouldn't be about how much money you have or spending your days locked away behind the title of a job. Life should simply be about just living because at the end of each day, your time here will lessen. 

Lonnie felt herself flinch with each and every smash cause by the force of the drone's strikes. "I can't believe this is happening." Panic laced Flash's words as he forced his hands through his hair, his eyes bulged as he stared at the shaking vault door. 

"Shut up, Flash." Lonnie muttered, turning her head away from the door to glare at him.

"Oh god! Oh god!" Betty panicked as a rather large dent suddenly formed in the center of the steel door. 

"Happy?" Lonnie asked, fear beginning to get the best of her as the drones relentlessly fought to open the door. Subconsciously, the group of teenagers had all huddled together. Ned and Flash cowered behind the three girls that held some kind of weapon ready for the inevitable when the drones did make it through the door. Though Lonnie doubted they'd even land a hit before they were all shot down. "Happy?!" Lonnie was seconds away from pinching her eyes closed as the door neared it's breaking point. One more hit and she was sure it would bust. But it appeared fate was on their side today because another blow never collided with the door.

Lonnie slowly lowered her weapon as seconds passed and still nothing happened. A grim silence had filled the air and in a way it felt as if Lonnie was living in a horror movie and this was the scene where the jump scare happened. She didn't dare take a step from where she was or even try to pry Ned's tight grip from her arm as he clung onto her and MJ for dear life.