Author's Note

**CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR READERS WHO HAVE NOT READ THE ORIGINAL FD SERIES. SEVERAL "PLOT TWISTS" FROM THE SERIES WILL BE ADDRESSED IN THE FOLLOWING AUTHOR'S NOTE**

______________

What a ride! Is it just me or did that whiz by? Not just from a reading standpoint but even writing wise this took me only a week and a half to write. It just goes to show Greg's story was always meant to be told!

Greg's story is one I never saw coming. I didn't even have a remote idea that this is what his past would look like or that he'd play such a huge part in the FD series. He was always meant to be present as a side character but I never expected him to take such a huge spotlight in the boys' lives. And then all of a sudden, as I was writing Asher's story, my fingers just kept moving and moving and somehow I gave Greg a past that I didn't see coming until that very moment. You guys thought YOU were shook? Dudes. I wrote it down and thought what the fuck just happened? It was just as shocking to me but in the best way possible.

I have to admit, I was super nervous at the thought of writing his love story knowing he eventually moved on. Knowing Laura dies worried me that my readers either wouldn't believe in the love Greg shared with Laura or believe in the love he shared with Greta. I know this is why many of you were also scared to read about Greg because of that particular detail and I totally understand. I was a bundle of nerves at the prospect of capturing that.

But I hope that, as we reached the end, Laura's personality speaks for itself. I hope you can understand how Greg was eventually able to move on and find another love despite having such a fierce connection with Laura. She is the kind of woman who would literally throw a party knowing that Greg found love again and moved on with his life. Her free spirit would allow her to be genuinely happy about it and it's like she says—we have different kinds of soulmates. So this isn't to say she wouldn't believe she was never the one for Greg. It's more like she knew she offered a certain kind of love for him, and what he found with Greta was also different, and that's what Greg says in FD4 as well. He admitted that his love with each woman was different but meaningful in their own ways. I hope you can truly believe that now that you've read this story.

I know it was a short read (only 42K compared to my usual 140-160K cause ya girl doesn't know how to shut up) but I still felt it was so impactful. It definitely went fast and at an electric pace, and I hope you all were able to feel Greg and Laura's instant love. I sure did. And Laura? Wow, she taught me so much. I always had an inkling I'd love her but never to this degree. I feel like I look at life differently because of her. Greg, too. Point is, I'm so happy I wrote this novella!

With that being said, I want to thank my readers for showing their interest in Greg and wanting his story in the first place! I never would have considered writing a novella if not for the high demand that forced me to dig inside myself and see if I could find inspiration. It goes to show your comments never go unheard and that you might just play a hand in inspiring another story out of me! So thank you to the best readers in the world for being so invested in my stories and always asking for more. The fact that you guys want more of my words never fails to stun me. I never thought that my words would be so in demand this way and it flips my heart over at the mere thought. Flying in love with all of you!

Okay, I'm not going to blab anymore. I sincerely hoped you guys loved this little story of mine and are hopefully ready for my future works! The goal is to have two more books out before the end of 2020 but if not, then definitely one more. Keep an eye out for promos and teasers for my current WIP that can be found on my Instagram page! If you follow me there, then you'll know what TFB project is next as the reveal will be in a month! My Instagram handle is @authoramberisabelle.

Thank you once again and happy reading y'all!

— Amber Isabelle