Chapter 60

Lexi's POV

Stefania noticed we were all looking at her, worried sick that something might've of happened. Mackenzie was the first to get to her, she pulled her in a hug. "How is she?" Kathy asked. "She's stable," said Stefania. "She has a brain contusion which caused another hematoma, we managed to stop the bleeding just in time," said Stefania. "Her right shoulder was dislocated and her right wrist is fractured," she said and Marsha closed her eyes. "She has lacerations and bruises all around her body and a shotgun wound in her abdomen. She's lucky a few centimeters to the right and it would hit her spine," she said holding Mackenzie's hand. "We still don't know how her body is going to react due to the drugs Marco was injecting her with, we already tested her for Hepatitis C, Syphilis, and HIV since we are not sure if the needles that he used had already been used or not. I will tell you the results once I get them. We also identify the drug that he was using but like I said we would only be able to tell if the drug will affect her when she wakes up," said Stefania, and Marsha nodded.

We followed Stefania to one of the couches. "We will have her in the ICU for a couple of days to make sure the hematoma doesn't come back, and also to prevent any other complications from the wound on her abdomen," she said. "We're hoping for her to wake up tomorrow since her brain injury isn't as bad as the last time she was admitted to the hospital," said Stefania. "She's a tough kid, but I would recommend for her to see a therapist," said Stefania. "She's been through a lot of trauma and as a doctor and your friend I really feel like she should see a therapist," she said. "Stefania is right," said Mackenzie. Marsha and Kathy nodded, they followed Stefania to the room to see Gabby. I sat down and rubbed my temples. I felt someone tapping on my back and Bri smiled at me. "She's going to be just fine," said Bri and I nodded. Stefania came back probably to give Gabby and her moms some privacy. I looked over at Serena and her eyes were closed. I scooted over to be next to her. "Hey, Gabby is out of surgery," I tell her but she didn't respond. "Hey, Serena," I said and tried to shake her.

I have a bad feeling about this. "Serena," I said a little louder. Mackenzie noticed me and Stefania hurried over to where we were. "Serena, wake up sweetheart," Stefania said tapping her leg. "Stefania, she's unresponsive," said Mackenzie while Stefania took her pulse. "She's bradying down," Stefania told Mackenzie and she hurried to the phone on the wall. "We have a patient down in the O.R. waiting room, please send a crash cart," she said. Not a few minutes later a few nurses were rushing in with the crash cart and a stretcher for Serena. I saw how they were trying to bring her back, how they rushed into the O.R and we were just there. Stefania stayed behind just in case something comes up with Gabby. "Is there anyone we can call?" She asked and we all looked at each other.

Bri's mom called Director Patterson. A few minutes later he was rushing in with a few other people. "How is she?" He asked. "She's in surgery," said Stefania and he nodded. "I called you because we haven't met her parents," said Mary. "Serena's parents died in a fire when she was 5, a friend of mine took her in," he said. "She was a troubled kid growing up after he died she had it rough..." he said. "She has a kid," he said and we all look at each other. "After having her, she decided to take the right path for her daughter," he said. "That's all I can tell you because I'm sure this is a story she would like to tell you all," he said and we nodded. A few minutes later one of the agents was walking hand in hand with a mini version of Serena. Gabby is going to love and spoiled the crap out of this girl.

I let Stefania talk to Andrew and got closer to the girl. "Hey, love," I said kneeling in front of her. "I'm Lexi, what's your name?" I asked her. "Emily," She said. "It's nice to mee you," I said smiling. "I love watching your videos," she said. And then I noticed she was wearing my merch, I smiled at her and opened my arms and she hugged me. "How old are you?" I asked. "I'm seven," she said. "How old are you?" She asked and I laughed. "Well I'm pretty old," I said and she shook her head. "You're not old! I don't see grey hair," she said. "I'm 21," I said and smile. "Do you know where my mommy is?" She asked. "She is with the doctor right now, she wasn't feeling so good so the doctor is making her feel better," I said and she looked down at her hands, I wonder if this type of thing happens often. "She will be okay," I tell her and she nodded. "You know, I'm a very lucky girl since I get to spend some with you," I said and she smiled.