Chapter 66

Lexi's POV

As Tina, Kayleigh, and I made our way back to Gabby's room a nurse passed by us rushing with a crash cart. "Code blue on room 301," she told the other nurse. After my head registered what I just hear I starting running down the hall. It was Gabby's room. Kayleigh and Tina were rushing right behind me. When we got there Mackenzie, and Serena were there. Gabby's moms were holding each other waiting outside her room. My heart was hammering against my rib cage. I felt my knees gave up but Tina wrapped her arms around me before I hit the floor. She slowly put me down on the floor pulling me to her chest hugging me tightly. "I got you," she said and I held onto her crying my eyes out. I shouldn't have left! I should've been there with her. God please just make all of this go away. I will do anything just make it stop, take all her pain away.

I heard the door opened and the nurse started leaving. Stefania was the last to come out. "How is she?" Asked Marsha. "She's stable," said Stefania. "I told you this wasn't a good idea!" I said. "Lexi we knew this was going to happen," she said. "So what are we supposed to do!?" I asked her. "Let her suffer!? Keep hoping that next time she has another cardiac arrest you're able to bring her back!?" I asked her. "Tell me! Are we supposed to just wait until you come out of this fucking room and tell us that Gabby, the love of my life didn't make it!?" I asked almost screaming at her. "This doesn't make any fucking sense! How can you all just stay here and wait? How can you watch her struggle and shake in pain!? It doesn't make any sense!" I said a little louder. "Please make it make sense," I said crying.

Marsha and Kathy wrapped me in their arms. I cried my heart out and then some more. All I want is Gabby back in my arms, is that too much to ask? "It's okay," said Kathy stroking my hair. "Let it all out sweetie," said Marsha rubbing my back. Am I being selfish? After all, it's their daughter that is in that room fighting for her life... I took a few deep breaths before they let me out of their embrace. "Gabby is strong," said Marsha. "She'll pull through," said Kathy and I nodded. "I'm sorry for yelling at you," I tell Stefania. "It's okay," she said. "No, it's not," I said and she pulled me in a hug. "In times like this, emotions are running high and I would be surprised if you weren't upset," she said. "Thank you, thank you so much for all of what you're doing for Gabby," I said and she smiled.

We make our way inside Gabby's room and she seems like she's sleeping. She's sweating and shaking so badly. I can't begin to imagine all the pain that she's going through. Marsha and Kathy sat down together next to her caressing Gabby. Trying to make her pain go away, and I wish it was that easy. Kayleigh is holding Serena she looks so tired. Stefania is comforting Mackenzie and Tina is rubbing my back. I wonder if someone has told Bri. She will be so angry if she finds out. I make my way over to Stefania and Mackenzie. "Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked and she nodded. We stepped outside of the room. "I think that having her family around will help Gabby a lot," I said. "We can't take that away from her," I tell her. "I know, but do you think Gabby would like them to see her this way?" She asked me. She doesn't have a point. "She doesn't have to like it, she needs them and I'm sure that Marsha and Kathy would agree with me," I said.

The door opened and Kathy stepped outside. "Lexi is right," she said and Stefania nodded. "If you think this will be good for her then don't let me stop you," she said and I smiled. "Thank you," I said hugging her. "I'll go call Bri," I said. "You should if she founds out she will come here and tear the whole hospital," Kathy said and we all laughed knowing it was true. Stefania and Kathy went back inside while I make the call. "She's gonna be pissed," said Tina. "What are you talking about, Bri would never!" Said Serena. "She is the calmest person on earth! She could even be a monk," said Kayleigh. We all laughed knowing that even if our Bri is always angry we all love her. "I will take Serena back to her room," said Kayleigh. "Yes, she looks like she could use a nap," I said and Serena flipped me off. They left and it was just Tina and I. I took my phone out and dialed her number.