chapter one

"Tae, come fast I can't sleep without you

"Tae, come fast I can't sleep without you." You said adjusting your body into a comfortable position to sleep. "I am here bae." Your eyes shifted towards him, leaving you with red tints when you saw your boyfriend only in shorts, drying his hairs with towel, water dripping down his well toned abs, made him look damn hot, "Tae, come cuddle me to sleep." Your words brought a great smile on his face, explaining his happiness. He said"Every morning I put a countdown for this moment, really I miss your cuddles."

He jumped into the bed, covering both of you with a comforter, he spooned you, playing with your hairs, he drew shapes on your neck with his nose, inhaling your scents. "My day was so upsetting you know, as usual I wasn't able to make the perfect melody, I got a huge scolding from the manager, but just a hug from you made me forget everything, I just felt safe."

"Aww, my babe you are a trainee now, with time you will get experience and you will be better each day, just practice." You made small circles in his arms that were resting on your waist, silence filled the room, the moon light made its way in the dark room, you both had a clear view of each other, the bodies curled to each other, the skinship providing you both the sense of love.

His breathing hitting your neck, "Remember, when we first met, you helped me with the melody and that melody came 1st in the college music contest, that day was the best day of my life."

"How can I forget that day, the tune that you were playing in the violin made me forget all the pain of betrayal that I had in the moment, The way my mom left me alone in this world, and step father locked me in that room for 7 days, I managed to run away because of our house helper." The old memories flashed in your eyes, those moments that you tried best to forget in these 7 years, but still the deep impact that it holds in your heart will never let you relax, it hurts when you get a backstab from your family.

"I still feel the pain of the cuts that I had in my feet when I was continuously running for 2 hours, I ran fast with no destination, that day I felt like I would die in the dark road. After running aimlessly, my feets lost control, I was on my knees crying for shelter. Then your melody made me forget that pain, I saw you in the dark alley, your innocent eyes, those little arms that were struggling to play the music with the old violin."

Tae held you tightly, pulling you closer to his chest, not a little air cavity in the middle, you both sometimes used to replay the past, it made you both strong, the initial period of your relationship, when you started dating, these all were the real treasure that you both are holding.

"That day I was beaten up by my dad, when I asked for the violin, he was always against my music career, but my dedication took me to that allye where I found that old violin in the trash, but I never ever thought in my imagination that I would find a gem there." He stroked your hairs, you both held the tears in your eyes, those tears were of happiness, that you both successfully spent 7 years together. Back then you both were 17, you started working at the bakery shop of Taehyung's friend Jimin. From that day you both had a bond, whenever Taehyung was unable to make a tune he would ask you for help.

Jimin's father was a gentleman, he gave you shelter in his house, in return you worked in the bakery to handle your expenses, with the little money and the scholarship you were able to complete your degree in medical science, you started making money as a intern two years ago, still you are studying for your higher degree for the cardiologist.

About tae, he left his house the day his father beat him so harshly that his left hand got fractured, his intention was that he can never play the violin, the craziness of his father was enough for a 17 years old kid to run away. Since then Jimin's family and Taehyung's mother supported you both.

The struggles were never easy, you both are still struggling with your career, but in a few more years you both will be well settled and will get married. The little house that you both live in is the only belonging that you both owe for yourself. Every brick of the small apartment counts for the hard work you both did.

Shaking your head you held his arms tightly, your legs tightly held between his. Gently placing kisses on your forehead he wiped the tears, "This nostalgia, but let's stop thinking about the past, now tell me what are we going to plan for our 8th anniversary that's next week on Friday."

His smile made you forget everything, "umm- let's go on a small trip to Busan, we can enjoy it there." You said. "As you demand babygirl." His voice being husky as he hovered above you pinning your hand above your head, pulling his neck towards you, you placed your soft lips on him. The moment got heated and you both were lost in the ocean of romance.

The next morning was as usual, you both were busy with your morning routines, cooking breakfast, packing your lunch boxes. "Tae, you look upset, is something wrong." your eyes trying to figure out why he was silent since morning, "N-nothing".

Wrapping your hands around his neck, you peck his lips, "Tae, I know you, you were alright yesterday, but what's wrong with you today." He knew that he can't lie in front of you, he held his eyes low to hide his hidden emotions from you, "Mom called me today." The low tone that left his mouth, had the greatest fears inside, "Now why is she calling him?" The question stuck into every neuron in your brain, it wasn't a good sign.

"Babe, she might be missing you, you should go and see if she is alright." He nodded, he had no options left, he had to go see his mother, especially when his father invited him, he just told you the half truth, he didn't dare to tell you that his "father" called him to see his mother.

Taehyung's POV

Not for a single second, today for every passing second my fear grew more, "Dad, will he be there, what will he do, what does he want?" I don't know why but I can't keep all these questions away from my mind.

It was 7:30PM already, I stood in front of the restaurant, inhaling deep, I put my steps forward to see my mom, after a long year.

"Taehyung-ahh" my mom said with tears in her eyes, the love she was holding for me, I really missed her, "eomm-a" I engulfed her in my embrace, the little sobs filled the space while we stood together crying.

"So you are getting married." A dark voice held us hostage, the old man, sitting on the table with crossed legs having the same old expression, seeing those expressions from him, my breath snagged as I held something inside my chest. "The old fear