𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭?

*I am just warning you, this doesn't have a happy ending*  

*Cato's pov*

"Why did you do it?" Clove whispers, her chocolate brown brushing against her face. I resist the urge to tuck the lock behind her ear. The saltwater sprays up from the water, and the water wets my T-shirt. The edge of the cliff dawns near me. Clove's eyes are filled with tears, and I have to hold back tears myself.  "Why did you kiss her?"

I look at the ground. 
"Look it doesn't mean anything," I protest, looking at my feet. "I love you Clove. It was just a kiss..."

Clove looks enraged. She pulls out a knife and I take a small step back. The wind messes with her hair, and the angry tears are making her eyes red, and she looks like a psychopath. I have to remember that Clove is angry, angry enough to throw it. She's the girl that never misses. 

"TELL ME THE TRUTH!" She screams, hot tears pouring down her face. "YOU MADE OUT WITH MY BEST FRIEND!" 

"But it didn't mean anything!" I cry, reaching out to her. Clove points the knife at my chest, and I go back to where I was.

"Clove!" Someone shouts behind me. I turn around and see the one person that can make things even worse. Glimmer. 

"GET AWAY FROM ME GLIMMER!" Clove yells maniacally, her eyes puffy. "I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU, EITHER OF YOU!" She looks at me. 

Glimmer runs up to us. I try to send her telepathic messages that this isn't the right time, but she doesn't read them. She winks at me, before turning to Clove.  

"It was just a kiss Clove, god." Glimmer pants. "We didn't mean for you to find out."

I mentally facepalm. Not the right thing to say Glimmer... I think. Clove lets out a scream of outrage. 

"You didn't mean for me to find out," she spits. "So you think it's... okay, as long as Clove doesn't find out?"  

"Well...yeah."

"No!" I burst out, as Clove's face goes a fiery red. "Of course not!" 

Clove laughs deranged. "Oh but your girlfriend doesn't think so."  She pouts dramatically. "You would probably still be screwing if Johanna hadn't caught you."

My vision goes blurry. "Look...Glimmer can you give us a minute?" I ask, turning to the blond. 

"Sure." She walks over to me. "And maybe afterwards..." she twirls her finger around my chest. I push her off. She huffs and flounces off. Is this girl serious? Her best friend is in tears, and she tried to flirt with me? I can't believe myself. 

"Screw off Glimmer," I say and turn to Clove. 

The anger has left Clove's eyes, leaving emptiness in its place. She sinks to the ground and puts her hand over her ears as if to block out any noise. Clove curls up into a ball. I crouch down next to her. The tears have stopped and her eyes have a blank look. 

"Why did you do it?" 

I sigh, trying to contain the tears. 

"I didn't mean too... It just sort of...happened..."

Clove looks up at me. 

"That's it? That's all your giving me. 'It just sort of happened?'" She shakes her head in disbelief. "Screw off Cato." 

"Please Clove..."

"I SAID SCREW OFF!" Clove stares at the ground. "I almost started believing that you loved me. I guess not."

Tears are falling onto the ground, staining the ground with our saddnes. 

I just can't believe this is how it ends. 

I didn't date for the next five years.