𝐨𝐧𝐞

'*;,.:・★ ☆ ★・:.,;*'

i walk into the classroom i've entered countless times into. i head straight to my assigned desk in the back, the one with a wonky leg and cracked chair. it's situated in the middle of the room, directly under the clock, that gives the perfect view of the board. a desk that i've sat in since the very first day of the school year.

i hate it so much.

i place my backpack and lunchbox on my right side, slightly under the desk so there is room to walk. unzipping my bag, i take the assigned spiral notebook and my pencil pouch out. i open the notebook to the next available page for notes and date it in the column. i straighten some highlighters to the right to complete my preparations for the class.

i turn to my left to overhear classmates talk to pass time until class starts.

"bro, did you see the football game last night?"

"yeah. i can't believe elijah scored the winning touchdown."

"if he messed up, he would be the most hated guy at school. the score was so close."

"i'm just glad we finally won a game."

the school's football sucks. our record of winning games is very terrible. it's a surprise that they get so much funding, but then again, it's football. schools only care about football. in my opinion, the only reason i would ever go to a football game is for color guard's halftime performance or marching band.

"indiana, you made a bold choice wearing that outfit."

i turn my head to see olivia. the girl who sits next to me. the girl who's been sitting next to me in every class we've had together since kindergarten.

she's another reason i would go to football game. olivia looks good in the cheerleading uniform.

i force a smile at her. "thanks, olivia. i was feeling confident in it until you said that, but i shouldn't take fashion advice from you."

"i'm glad i could ruin your morning." she smiles back and takes a sip of her iced coffee. i roll my eyes when she looks away to loudly take her school supplies out. a makeup bag.

she takes a compact mirror out and reapplies mascara. she opens her mouth slightly while focusing on applying the mascara.

"can you close your mouth so i don't have to smell your coffee breath." i tell her.

"you're just jealous that i can drive to get coffee before school." she jabs back as she knows that i ride the bus.

"it's not a flex to be reliant on caffeine." i say back.

before olivia can continue bickering with me, the teacher begins class. i check the time. 49 more minutes until 1st period is over. i look over to see olivia continuing with her makeup touch ups and her mouth even wider on purpose. she blows in my direction to make sure i get a whiff of her coffee. i plug my nose and try to focus on the lesson in front.

ೃ⁀➷

"and that's all the time we have for today. remind me where we left off." the teacher dismisses.

i cap my highlighters and unclick my pens. i shut my notebook and begin putting my stuff away. once everything is put away, i go on my phone.

ೃ⁀➷

instagram + ♡ ~