𝐬𝐢𝐱

'*;,.:・★ ☆ ★・:.,;*'

i fall into the chair of my assigned seat and let out a large sigh as i take my supplies out. i take out the new gel pens i added to my pencil pouch last night.

i smile as i doodle in the corner of the blank paper, trying to pass time. the pen gliding across the page in a satisfying way.

i look up to the board when i still don't hear the teacher begin class. i drop my new pen when i read the board.

┌───────                                   ───────┐
semester 1 project.
i assigned partners and they cannot be switched. you can choose any topic from unit 1. the sub will assign groups.

be good for the sub. i'll be back monday.

└───────                             ───────┘

"a project?!"

"ugh, i already have so much to do this weekend."

"not another project. we just did one last month."

a collective aura of disgust and annoyance fills the room as the substitute walks in.

"good morning. i'll do attendance and then assign partners. sorry if i get your name wrong."

i only put one airpod in, on the opposite side of the side where the sub is, so i can hear my name get called. and possible be butchered.

i rest my chin on my fist and stare at the teacher's written words on the whiteboard, wishing i anywhere else.

"rong, indiana."

"here." i then put my other airpod in and lay my head on my arm, getting comfortable enough to sleep.

i'm starting to drift off when a song ends and i hear, "and indiana."

"huh?" i yawn as i take an airpod out.

"oh, we're partners." the person in front of me says.

"oh cool!" i high five them and pause my music to start brainstorming ideas.

"i was thinking that we could do it on —"

i get distract when i check my phone to see a flood of instagram dms from olivia. i clear them all and go back to fake listening to my partner.

i feel a pair of eyes glaring at me next to me and i purposely ignore her for a minute.

out of the corner of my gaze, i see olivia staring at me with her lips pursed.

"that's not a pretty face." i mumble.

"did you say something?"

"hmm?" i sit up and look at my partner and shake my head, "it was nothing. sorry."

"so. what did you think of my pitch."

"i think it's great." i smile. "let's do it."

"perfect. i'll text you the rest later." they say and turn back around in their seat.

i sit back in my chair and put my music back on and smirk. i have no idea what i'm doing for the project, but i know i'm getting enjoyment out of seeing olivia annoyed.

ೃ⁀➷

author's note

who wants to bring back sponsor a senior and pick me by giving me b&n gift cards :)

i'm literally graduating on my school's football field, without a senior trip, and no prom